• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Remove Burning sound from buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
It's a hidden ability; you have to remove it via triggers, unfortunately. To be honest, there are 5 abilities in total that do the same thing, and they're called: "On Fire" - I believe it's because of different effects displayed for different races (e.g. Undead - green fire; Human - normal fire).

Raw ID:
JASS:
On Fire (Other)     = 'Afir'
On Fire (Human)     = 'Afih'
On Fire (Orc)       = 'Afio'
On Fire (Undead)    = 'Afiu'
On Fire (Night Elf) = 'Afin'

Last edited:
Level 13
Oh, sorry. If what BloodSoul said does not work, remove the mechanical classification of the unit, then set 'Stats - Is a Building' to false. This removed the fire effect entirely, though.
Yeah, that's way easier.

One more thing, you guys probably noticed it already, but I forgot to mention that removing On Fire ability from your structure will also remove the fire effect.

Level 12
Oh, sorry. If what BloodSoul said does not work, remove the mechanical classification of the unit, then set 'Stats - Is a Building' to false. This removed the fire effect entirely, though.
It needs to stay a building.

Yeah, that's way easier.

One more thing, you guys probably noticed it already, but I forgot to mention that removing On Fire ability from your structure will also remove the fire effect.
It's fine. I dont want it to catch fire.

call UnitRemoveAbility( GetTriggerUnit(), 'Afir' )
will work, right? when I use the event a unit enters the map .

Level 13
Well, you're trying only to remove On Fire (other) from buildings, but depending on the race which the building belong to, it might have another ability. That is, human buildings have the 'Afih' ability, orc buildings have 'Afio', and so on... Also, I checked a few neutral buildings (even naga ones), and noticed that On Fire (other) 'Afir' is not being used. Instead, the human one is given to them. A test map has been attached to this post, and it displays which ability a building has as soon as the player red selects any unit.

EDIT: If I were to do that, I would simply try to remove all of them at once - just to be sure about that as I do not know if there's any building that have the On Fire (other) ability.
JASS:
local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afih')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afio')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afiu')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afin')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afir')
set u = null

Attachments

• OnFire.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 12
Well, you're trying only to remove On Fire (other) from buildings, but depending on the race which the building belong to, it might have another ability. That is, human buildings have the 'Afih' ability, orc buildings have 'Afio', and so on... Also, I checked a few neutral buildings (even naga ones), and noticed that On Fire (other) 'Afir' is not being used. Instead, the human one is given to them. A test map has been attached to this post, and it displays which ability a building has as soon as the player red selects any unit.

EDIT: If I were to do that, I would simply try to remove all of them at once - just to be sure about that as I do not know if there's any building that have the On Fire (other) ability.
JASS:
local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afih')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afio')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afiu')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afin')
call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Afir')
set u = null
is there a reason you store unit in a variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.