• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rejected...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was just wondering, didn't THW said a map must have:-

1.Description.
2.Point out that if the map isn't yours.
3.Not allowed to post other peoples map without permission.

Well my map has a description (maybe not a very good one..), I put credits, and also the map IS entirely mine. My map only lacks abit of good triggering and mmaayybbeee has some errors but I assure that it's not critical. The reason why I'm posting this thread is because my map got rejected. I'm not mad or anything but other map that has broken THW rules (the ones I stated above) gets approved!
:vw_wtf: WTF?... Unless there is something I missed or misread or anything...

Also here is the link to my map:
:fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/peasant-war-v-3d-201464/ :ogre_hurrhurr:

Pls tell me what is wrong with my map and vote for Approval. Thanks in advance. :thumbs_up:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
We simply cannot allow every map submitted into our mainstream database. If the map lacks the minimum quality we desire our map section to contain, it's very likely to get rejected. It's the map moderators who decide wether or not a map is qualified for approval. If your map does not meet the requirements, you are entitled to know why. Usually the map moderators or official map reviewers provide tips, critique et.c on how to improve your map so that it can pass through the eye of the needle. Do as they instruct, otherwise your map will be deleted after a period of no activity or updates.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I suggest you take this discussion up with the moderator that rejected your map rather than making a thread about it in this forum. If you can't get anywhere with the moderator personally, try using the Map Resource Moderation board. I'm sure there's a good reason your map was rejected.

Level 2
Zzz....

Thanks for the swift replies. I know my map isn't that good. Also I'm not really that bothered about my map getting rejected. It's just that the other maps who OBVIOUSLY broken rules gets approved, this is what I'm curious about. :vw_unimpressed:

We simply cannot allow every map submitted into our mainstream database. If the map lacks the minimum quality we desire our map section to contain, it's very likely to get rejected. It's the map moderators who decide wether or not a map is qualified for approval. If your map does not meet the requirements, you are entitled to know why. Usually the map moderators or official map reviewers provide tips, critique et.c on how to improve your map so that it can pass through the eye of the needle. Do as they instruct, otherwise your map will be deleted after a period of no activity or updates.

That is problem number 2. The moderator didn't say a thing.

BTW, I really need some one to tell me how to improve my map. Not show, but teach. Suggestions or any other help will be greatly appriciated. Thanks once again. :thumbs_up:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
That is problem number 2. The moderator didn't say a thing.
That makes me sad to hear :(

However, due the large amount of maps submitted to the Hive. I'm afraid that the moderators can't always dedicate as much time in moderating a map, as the author did making it. You can, however, always contact the map moderation team by yourself. If you havn't heard a word from any officials.

On a slightly note. Taking the time to comment on other submitted maps, sometimes makes the authors return the favor ;)

Level 2
On a slightly note. Taking the time to comment on other submitted maps, sometimes makes the authors return the favor ;)

Maybe you can help me. :grin:

Oh btw...... I can't seem to change my picture. I've uploaded the correct requirements like 100 x 100 or something and it's file size. (I don't specificly remember) I can only see it at my profile. (UserPC)

Level 2
I think before you PM a map Mod, PM first any map reviewers to review your maps... They will recommend your maps subject for approval or rejection...

I need some one to help or suggest how to, uhh how you say it? :vw_sleep:... Better improve it?.. Thanks for the reply though. Appriciate it :)

Also, I don't know any reviewers. I know there's this Black Hat HAcker or something. If you could kindly suggest me any of them I'll be thankful. :grin:

I'll take a look at it.
Also please don't double-post, use the
edit.gif
button.
Posts merged.

Oh btw...... I can't seem to change my picture. I've uploaded the correct requirements like 100 x 100 or something and it's file size. (I don't specificly remember) I can only see it at my profile. (UserPC)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

edit: Updated Review.

Next time, post a thread in Map Resource Moderation.

Level 25
Read the comments about your map, improve it, then ask for someone to accept it.
Also note that most of the maps that are below "accepted-status" are usually maps who were made early, when most of the people didn't know about leaks, etc.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.