1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rejected...

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Solidus Blitz, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solidus Blitz

Solidus Blitz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was just wondering, didn't THW said a map must have:-

1.Description.
    2.Point out that if the map isn't yours.
    3.Not allowed to post other peoples map without permission.

Well my map has a description (maybe not a very good one..), I put credits, and also the map IS entirely mine. My map only lacks abit of good triggering and mmaayybbeee has some errors but I assure that it's not critical. The reason why I'm posting this thread is because my map got rejected. I'm not mad or anything but other map that has broken THW rules (the ones I stated above) gets approved!
    :vw_wtf: WTF?... Unless there is something I missed or misread or anything...

Also here is the link to my map:
    :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/peasant-war-v-3d-201464/ :ogre_hurrhurr:

Pls tell me what is wrong with my map and vote for Approval. Thanks in advance. :thumbs_up:

2. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Maybe it was just of too bad quality? Don't want to put you down or something, but it happens that maps are getting rejected because they are just not good enough :wink:
    Also, check if there are any similar maps to yours, as often duplicates of other maps are getting rejected.

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We simply cannot allow every map submitted into our mainstream database. If the map lacks the minimum quality we desire our map section to contain, it's very likely to get rejected. It's the map moderators who decide wether or not a map is qualified for approval. If your map does not meet the requirements, you are entitled to know why. Usually the map moderators or official map reviewers provide tips, critique et.c on how to improve your map so that it can pass through the eye of the needle. Do as they instruct, otherwise your map will be deleted after a period of no activity or updates.

4. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suggest you take this discussion up with the moderator that rejected your map rather than making a thread about it in this forum. If you can't get anywhere with the moderator personally, try using the Map Resource Moderation board. I'm sure there's a good reason your map was rejected.

5. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    In other words, just spam -Kobas-'s Inbox :p

6. Asip

Asip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not all maps will be approved even if you have these. Also if you want it approved you need to make it better have better triggers which you stated you dont really have.

7. Solidus Blitz

Solidus Blitz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zzz....

Thanks for the swift replies. I know my map isn't that good. Also I'm not really that bothered about my map getting rejected. It's just that the other maps who OBVIOUSLY broken rules gets approved, this is what I'm curious about. :vw_unimpressed:

That is problem number 2. The moderator didn't say a thing.

BTW, I really need some one to tell me how to improve my map. Not show, but teach. Suggestions or any other help will be greatly appriciated. Thanks once again. :thumbs_up:

8. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That makes me sad to hear :(

However, due the large amount of maps submitted to the Hive. I'm afraid that the moderators can't always dedicate as much time in moderating a map, as the author did making it. You can, however, always contact the map moderation team by yourself. If you havn't heard a word from any officials.

On a slightly note. Taking the time to comment on other submitted maps, sometimes makes the authors return the favor ;)

9. Solidus Blitz

Solidus Blitz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe you can help me. :grin:

Oh btw...... I can't seem to change my picture. I've uploaded the correct requirements like 100 x 100 or something and it's file size. (I don't specificly remember) I can only see it at my profile. (UserPC)

10. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think before you PM a map Mod, PM first any map reviewers to review your maps... They will recommend your maps subject for approval or rejection...

11. Solidus Blitz

Solidus Blitz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I need some one to help or suggest how to, uhh how you say it? :vw_sleep:... Better improve it?.. Thanks for the reply though. Appriciate it :)

Also, I don't know any reviewers. I know there's this Black Hat HAcker or something. If you could kindly suggest me any of them I'll be thankful. :grin:

12. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll take a look at it.
    Also please don't double-post, use the [​IMG] button.
    Posts merged.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

edit: Updated Review.

Next time, post a thread in Map Resource Moderation.

13. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Kael is a map mod, dude. You can PM him for your maps.

14. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read the comments about your map, improve it, then ask for someone to accept it.
    Also note that most of the maps that are below "accepted-status" are usually maps who were made early, when most of the people didn't know about leaks, etc.

:)

15. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Why are you guys still commenting on this, this has been solved for some time now.

17. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I believe the issue at hand has been solved

~closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.