• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

REgrowing Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So I wanted to have a dryad have an ability to regrow trees (only from dead trees).

How would i do this, i looked at the map tree tag, and copied the ability from their, but when i put it in my map, it doesnt work. am i missing somthing?

Level 11
The real way to do this would be with a trigger. Make an aoe castable/tragetable ability. Then when the unit casts that ability make a trigger use the regrow tree action (or something like that) on all the destructibles in that area. I think the action your looking for is reset destructible or something along those lines.

Level 9
mm.....have u ever played tree tag? when they cast the ability, the trees sprout up frmo the ground. maybe they did it your way, maybe not.

Level 3
He may uses a trigger like that..:
EVent
A units Finishes casting an ability
COndition
Abilty being cast equal to <Spell>
Action
Destractible create dead trees to <region>
Destractible recarnate last created destractible

SO If he uses sth like that they may seem to Grow up from NOwhere but In fact they were Just been created ^ ^

I am not really sure of the trigger, but it mast be similar

Level 5
Make a custom ability based on a AoE spell. Dispell for example. Remove all the effects, put in the mana cost and cooldown and make a trigger like this:

• Trees
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Your ability)
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within (AoE of your spell) of (Target point of ability being cast) and do (Destructible - Resurrect (Picked destructible) with (Max life of (Picked destructible)) life and Show birth animation)

Last edited:
Level 9
what should i put for "unit"

cause it either says preset (no unit) or variable, and i dont know what variable it would be.

Level 9
Hmm still not working, i get this wierd white blob, then it goes away.

let me take a look.

• Regrow Trees
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Regrow Trees
  • Actions
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) and do (Actions)
  • Loop - Actions
  • Destructible - Resurrect (Last created destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation
Like that? its still not working tho

Last edited:
Level 2
change the "resurrect (last created destructible)" to "resurrect (picked destructible)". that should do it :) Though i don't personally know if you can "resurrect" dead trees... never tried it, but if you guys know it works then great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.