• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ablity Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Aight, I need a skill regrow trees, ive looked in the abilities and tried doing it myself but i can only find how to damage / kill trees not regrow them! PLEASE HELP

Try this:

First off make an ability that doesnt do anything but has an area of effect. Maybe Force of Nature. Edit it and make it not summon anything and not damage trees. Then you use triggers for the rest.
  • Regrow Trees
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Regrow Trees
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 256.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Resurrect (Picked destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation
            • Else - Actions
Just make sure that "Summer Tree Wall" is set to whatever tree is in your map. If you have more then one type do:

• Regrow Trees
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 256.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
                  • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Ashenvale Tree Wall
                  • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Felwood Tree Wall
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Resurrect (Picked destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation
            • Else - Actions
so on and so forth for as many trees are in your map, or if you only want to rez 1 type use first example. Make sure you choose the one that says (dead)

Level 3
aight i basically understand that but just to make sure!

I have Ashenvale Tree Wall, and a flamestrike type spell that kills trees!
once i use the flamestrike the trees become (dead)? (im sotra new if it doesnt show) then all i gotta do it change summer to ashenvale?

(also, if i make the regrow tree another flamestrike and remove the flames, how do i make it to regrow trees in the radius it shows?

Yes just choose ashenvale instead of summer.
If you do use another flamestrike, which I do not recommend, make sure one unit does not have both spells. If one unit has two spells based off the same spell casting one will often cast the other. I have been having alot of trouble with this recently in one of my maps.

Also if you want the regrow radius the same as the flamestrike radius change one. You do not have to use 256. Look into the spell, find the AoE that you set, or is defaultly set, and change the trigger number to that number.

Also I havent really tested this. It should work though so try it out and tell me how it goes.

Level 3
well i dont want it to use the diff spell so i tried using force of nature as a base... is there a way to make it so it wont summon treants, ive tried making # of summons 0 but the minimum is 1.. is there a way around this or do i have to base it off another spell? BIG ALSO do i make it ashenvale tree wall(dead) or just wall to revive them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.