• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Regarding Skin Section: suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
recently i uploaded a skin that was for all intents and purposes 100% cyan in every pixel. since the alpha channel isn't visible, it looked as though i had submitted a blank .blp tinted cyan.

because of this i got hammered by the usual crew of insulters, who apparently thought i was submitting the skin just to be a retard, despite the fact i said it was to go along with a model i'd edited that needed the skin. however this site wouldn't (for some unknown reason) let me upload all 5 skins attached to the model. i could only upload 4.

well the .blp got deleted. as did the model associated with it. but i'm not here to complain about the skin and model getting deleted. i've come with the only good solution to getting good quality skins submitted to the skin section.

and what have i come up with? all you skin moderators are going to have to scan and review all skins BEFORE they get submitted to the skin section. this would mean a change to the upload skin function, so instead of automatically submitting the uploaded skin, it gets emailed to all the skin moderators. then they review its quality, vote on it, and if it passes, one of them takes the last step in the process and adds it to the skin section.

a little more time consuming on the part of the moderators, but its the only way you're going to stop the flood of "amateurish" skins that you complain oh so loudly about. people aren't going to stop submitting them just because you insult them and say their skins are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.