• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Minor Problem here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Do it as a model. Make sure its good though.

Export the water elemental model in WC3 Viewer, use WC3 File Converter (download in our tool section) to convert it to a .mdl, open up the model .mdl with notepad and find Textures (just use Find...)

Find its skin paths and change them to the skin names of your skinned water elemental Remember to save changes after your done.

Using WC3 File Converter, convert edited the water elemental back to a .mdx.
This will work.

Level 2
yea... you can like have 5 SEPERATE skins on the same mdx file and hey, where can i find a free trail download for 3ds max 4? for some reason that wc3 art tools all of the sudden makes modeling sound alot easier, post a link please!

Level 6
Thank you, Sopho, but I don't get it that much, because I have them in the Textures map and their names are the same as the ones of the water elemental. And when I do what you say, do I include the skins in the .MDX or somethig?? BTW, my skin is a corpse elemental. It looks quite good, only a bit blurry because of the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.