• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged unpopular opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I think the redone cutscenes

Yes they have been redone look great.

Especially arthas taking frostmourne and killing uther. The major stucking point morons have used for the cutscenes makes no sense i doubt they even know what the wc3 cutscenes were.

I like the new models some like the naga myrimdons lost their bulk and bright blue. That feels like a major downgrade.

Cons
- terrain is inferior to classic terrain
- the new maps especially dalaran and the remade maps are subpar dalaran is clearly unfinished silvermoon feels like its almost there but they said good enough
- lack of custom campaigns and merging the clients before this feature and others were ready is an unforgivavle blunder the should of been vocal and communicated their intentions instead 9f being silent so people could of backed up or voiced their feedback to this awful decision.
- new sounds and voices. When i hear them i dont like them simple as that. Arthas was changed clearly for most of his campaign.

Level 7
So your unpopular opinions are basically just the opinions of... everybody else?

That's been expressed in the thousands since the first reveals?

Noted.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Level 14
So your unpopular opinions are basically just the opinions of... everybody else?

That's been expressed in the thousands since the first reveals?

Noted.

I like the cutscenes and am saying they are different and even way better. Ppl just look at the culling and the bad not good shots of the new straholme cinematic and make a big deal about it all over bnet and reddit.

Really most peoples whos complaints are omg the didnt remake more maps omg cutscenes are probably retards whos feedback i would ignore if i was blizzard.

Compared to bugs or straight up missing features which they need to uave out post haste

Example

People started shitting on the arthas vs illidan cinematic. Id say its objectively 500X better than the original. Secondly wc3 is first and formost an rts so with the mission cutscene camerawork why ppl want to act like its a first person view like original culling instead of a somewhat panned out view to the scene makes no sense. Id of done it the same way.

Warcraft 3 and even its reforge campaign being in many ways inferior to the origina . WC3 gameplay campaigns and user content is still the best RTS you can play gor that type of content. Directly followed by starcraft.

The main problem with reforges release and the feedback right now is you have a ton of ppl who dont play RTS or never played wc3 doing it now.

And for the most part the bandwagon hate really having no fucking clue what they are talking about and have dont even have a clue when it comes to classic as a reference.

Blizzard does themsleves a disservice if they arent focusing on communities that have been supporting wc3 for 2 decades vs random derps who cant distinguish a bug or broken code from source gameplay or basic RTS mechanics

Anyway long winded post out

Last edited:
Level 2
I like the cutscenes and am saying they are different and even way better. Ppl just look at the culling and the bad not good shots of the new straholme cinematic and make a big deal about it all over bnet and reddit.

Because it is a big deal, it is false advertisement to show a fully reworked cinematic cutscene and then boast about that as a selling point, but then take it out again.

Really most peoples whos complaints are omg the didnt remake more maps omg cutscenes are probably retards whos feedback i would ignore if i was blizzard.

Calling people that have been promised specific things in the advertisement "retards" really shows how mature you are.

People started shitting on the arthas vs illidan cinematic. Id say its objectively 500X better than the original.

Objectively implies that the scene is better than what came before it, yet this is an opinion, that means it is SUBJECTIVELY better.
The new Cinematic has shoddy animation work, the attacks of both Illidan and Arthas feel weightless and it does a massive disservice to the original cutscene where every swing of Arthas' sword had weight behind it, it meant something.

And for the most part the bandwagon hate really having no fucking clue what they are talking about and have dont even have a clue when it comes to classic as a reference.

So far most of the criticism i see seems to be very educated and well researched, though that might be due to me sticking to people that actually are in the Warcraft 3 community and not watching overblown and obnoxious drama channels such as TheQuartering or Jim Sterling

Level 2
But..... the cutscenes were redone.
Even the culling one is actually good.

While yes, in theory you are right that the cutscenes were redone, you then follow it up with "Even the Culling One is actually good", which makes you imply that all the reworked cutscenes are good.

The only difference is no mega close ups. But that would be kinda shitty anyway
If only that was the only difference in the new cutscenes...

Well let me show you these:
(I apologize if all these links are in pure URL form, but sadly embedding does not allow for timestamps to be added, therefore you will have to make do with copy-paste)

Exhibit A: The Tyrande Bridge Scene - In the Classic Version you see the Bridge crumble as Tyrande's Death Animation plays.
youtu.be/225v6KlJjD0?t=1200

In the Reforged Version it cuts from "Bridge Standing" to "Bridge gone and Tyrande gone". No Crumbling, No Death Animation no nothing.
youtu.be/qo0pBXK9yuM

Exhibit B: The Culling of Stratholme Scene - In Classic, we see Arthas stand on a small hill overlooking the town as the rain sets the mood, the tone of the music foreboding and sinister, the entire mood changing to a sense of urgency as the music ramps up further and we see the epic exchange between Arthas and Uther which is still to this day one of the most memorable moments that precede a very unfortunate but important moment in ALL of Warcraft History.
youtu.be/wxD6-u7_V7c

In Reforged there is no Rain, The music is reworked to be less dramatic which hurts the entire scene, the camera angles are more stiff with less angle changes, it does a disservice to the orginal
youtu.be/yjqs28KPFg4?t=14

Exhibit B2: Talking to Mal'Ganis at the End of the Culling - In Classic after the Culling has been done, Arthas and Mal'Ganis confront eachother on a bridge, Mal'Ganis towering above him, Arthas running up as Mal'Ganis teleporting away, lifting up his hammer as he vows revenge
youtu.be/wxD6-u7_V7c?t=369

In Reforged, this is reworked to be in front of a Pier, while yes, it sort of looks quite good in there and sets up the entire "Arthas using the fleet to get to Northrend" thing, it once again does a disservice to the original which looked so much more epic.
youtu.be/yjqs28KPFg4?t=161

Exhibit C: Thrall defying Archimonde - In Classic Thrall has an exchange with Archimonde before shooting a chain lightning spell at him in defiance
youtu.be/_yCukvZRsmM?t=294

In Reforged this is changed so Thrall just throws some pussy orb at him instead
youtu.be/3w6Trgg9aec?t=1375

Exhibit D: Do we even have to talk about the cyclones looking like some Work-In-Progress shit?
Classic: youtu.be/QXsckoaq6Oo?t=182
Reforged: youtu.be/3w6Trgg9aec?t=752

Exhibit E: Illidan being banished by Malfurion - In Classic, this scene had a lot more impact because the misunderstood monster Illidan brings down several trees as he makes his exit
youtu.be/QXsckoaq6Oo?t=562

In Reforged, he just casually walks away towards the trees before it cuts to black
youtu.be/3w6Trgg9aec?t=1092

Do i have to go on or do you still double down on this point that the cutscenes are "OBJECTIVELY" better?

Blink twice if you're on Blizzard's payroll

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.