• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged - No imports terrain test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying some things to see what I can do with using nothing but standard Warcraft III HD assets, and no imports. Could probably be improved a lot with more filler doodads and some clutter, but I'm not gonna go all out for this piece. Was merely playing around a bit.
Screenshot_1.png

Attachments

• Reforged.w3m
    50.3 KB · Views: 50
Looks good! I still stand behind the stock HD assets being phenomenal and versatile
Thanks! The HD assets does indeed look good, the biggest downside however is that there's a huge lack of custom assets that fits with HD assets. A non-ORM textured model looks bland and hideous next to the ones with ORM textures. Maybe one day there will be a huge diversity of assets with ORM textures.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
A non-ORM textured model looks bland and hideous next to the ones with ORM textures. Maybe one day there will be a huge diversity of assets with ORM textures.
I wonder if an AI neural network could be trained to try and guess some materials and generate ORM and normal maps that vaguely make sense. Probably beyond the scope of what amateur hobbyists could do though.

For scifi theme there are always SC2 assets which should look somewhat better due to having some of the layers. However outside of some of the organic looking terrain objects most will not be suitable for a fantasy map.

Status
Not open for further replies.