• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Reforged Issue #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Alright guys as many of you know reforged launch has been terrible and of course a lot of people are complaining.

I don't care that much about the problems, in fact I'm excited for the launch since it's a huge graphical upgrade and the new UI natives have been awesome for me.

I also made a thread some time ago addressing some issues and my experience with reforged.

Now some other problems have come to light and I need help if there is a possible fix.

My current problem is that all abilities now have their hotkeys shown next to their title:

upload_2020-1-31_13-59-23.png

upload_2020-1-31_13-59-36.png

upload_2020-1-31_14-0-1.png

upload_2020-1-31_14-0-24.png

upload_2020-1-31_14-0-33.png
My problem is that I use different colors for spells to match each hero.
In this case I want the hotkeys to be colored white but the default blizzard yellow color pops up and ruins everything >_<

So I am asking if anybody knows is a way to prevent the hotkey from showing.

EDIT:
well since nobody has a solution I suppose a fix doesn't exist, I deleted all the hotkeys and left only the blizzard auto-generated hotkeys.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So I am asking if anybody knows is a way to prevent the hotkey from showing.
And how would this work with the player using custom hotkeys?

I think the correct solution is to remove your baked in hotkeys from the tooltips and just let Blizzard manage it. That way if someone remaps Z to Y because they are European they have the correct hotkeys showing in the tooltips. StarCraft II also uses automatic hotkey display for this reason.

Level 18
I think the correct solution is to remove your baked in hotkeys from the tooltips and just let Blizzard manage it. That way if someone remaps Z to Y because they are European they have the correct hotkeys showing in the tooltips.
European?

Other solution is to localize the object editor data, so you keep control over the visual appearance of your tooltips.

Status
Not open for further replies.