• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Ui Grid based Hotkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I saw in the reforged beta that you can set your hotkeys as „Grid“

Does this fix the custom games problems where spells/actions have the same hotkey?

Did anyone test this? On my machine the Grid preset keybindings does not work somehow. Or did I miss something?

ps: If so does this also fix the „wave“ abilities problems where those would trigger all of them even with different hotkeys set?

Level 9
Actually, I just tested it. Apparently they fixed it in the last patch and the GRID hotkeys now work in the beta. It even works if you have multiple abilities with the same button position so that the other button is pushed to another location. The text in the tooltip is taken from the original button position, but the actual hotkey is where the button really is.

For example: I added Holy Light and Storm Bolt (both have same button position) to a unit. Both of the abilities' tooltips said that the hotkey was Z, but the actual hotkey was the location, so Holy Light was Z and Storm Bolt was X, because it was pushed to the right for HL already being in the default position.

Level 3
Here is a video of my test:

It seems localized keyboards are still not working but everything else is fine :)

Level 1
They should make it so so you can change the keybinds of the grid aswell. I would really love to have my bottom row as QWER instead of the top one. Imagine if you could just change the keybind of each box like in WoW for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.