• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

REFORGED ABILITY ICONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I copied the object data from my main project so far (just simple custom heroes in a tavern cuz I'm new lol) onto a map in reforged. All ability Icons are matched to their original hero, but work like the abilities I put in. For example, HUNTRESS a hero based off of Dark Ranger has trueshot aura, but that shows as life drain. When I played it, it seems to work as an aura, but looks like Life drain in the icon.

I first noticed this when I played an old map in Reforged, but copying unit data was my first idea to fix it. That did not fix it. Does anyone happen to already have a way to make abilities icons show up as the correct abilities? All my "custom" heroes are just remixes of other hero abilities, I haven't made any new ones, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Level 1
It seems to be a known issue for almost all maps with heroes with custom abilities currently. I've tested several maps on Reforged, as well as seen others playing custom maps, where the icons, names and descriptions look like the original spells, but behave exactly like the custom spells they're supposed to be.

My guess is that it's an error on Blizzard's end, and probably will be fixed in a coming update if enough people report the error.

Level 1
It seems to be a known issue for almost all maps with heroes with custom abilities currently. I've tested several maps on Reforged, as well as seen others playing custom maps, where the icons, names and descriptions look like the original spells, but behave exactly like the custom spells they're supposed to be.

My guess is that it's an error on Blizzard's end, and probably will be fixed in a coming update if enough people report the error.
Oh, ok. Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.