• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Problem with WE where custom hero spells aren't being added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making an altered melee map with tech-trees for High Elves and so far everything was going fine until I decided to make custom abilities for heroes. The custom ability I give any hero unit, no matter if it's a vanilla or custom unit, is not loading when I test the map in game.

Like there could be A005,A003,AOre,AOws in the abilities field for the unit in the World Editor, but when I test the map in game, the unit only has AOre (Reincarnation) and AOws (Warstomp) as its abilities.

I'm currently making the map with Sharpcraft on 1.29. Before now, I was able to make custom hero abilities perfectly before I encountered this problem. The only thing that comes to mind that could be the cause is that I used the registry fix tool in this site so I could use JNGP's object data merger again. I'm not sure if that's the cause though since I also got a 1.31 backup here before I started trying to make custom hero abilities again.

Does anyone know a fix for this? I tested on different maps and closing and reopening the editor. The same thing happens for all maps.

Edit: Uploading the map in case it helps.

Attachments

• (7)Gilneas - High Elves.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Level 13
Both A005 and A003 are custom abilities which haven't had any of their fields changed yet. For some reason, custom abilities under this circumstance don't work at all.

Attachments

• (7)Gilneas - High Elves.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Level 3
Really? That's weird. I was just trying some things to detect a summoned unit for a potential spell so I didn't bother changing the fields yet.

I redid everything on a new map and I think custom abilities without any fields changed yet showed up fine. But I could be mistaken. Regardless, if this is a bug, I don't think I've encountered this on older patches before.

Edited: I tested the map and the custom abilities are working as they should now. Thank you!
But that was really a peculiar bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.