• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reduce the Cooldown using Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
You could possibly make duplicates of the same spell. By adding the duplicate to the hero once he casts the cooldown reduction spell and then disabling it for half the time of the ability. Or you could use the "refresh all ability cooldowns" then disable the ready abilities until the time passes.

Two problems though. I don't think you can detect how many seconds are left on a remaining cooldown. It may be possible to cut an abilities max cooldown in half, but not the remaining cooldown in half. And also, you won't have an accurate visual indicator of the cooldown time.

Level 6
You could possibly make duplicates of the same spell. By adding the duplicate to the hero once he casts the cooldown reduction spell and then disabling it for half the time of the ability. Or you could use the "refresh all ability cooldowns" then disable the ready abilities until the time passes.

Two problems though. I don't think you can detect how many seconds are left on a remaining cooldown. It may be possible to cut an abilities max cooldown in half, but not the remaining cooldown in half. And also, you won't have an accurate visual indicator of the cooldown time.

Sorry but your answer is insuffiecient..

BTW Thankyou +rep

Level 13
Maybe you can create two same abilities but with different cooldown ex. ability A & B..
ability "A" is the original ability..which is 6 sec cooldown
ability "B" is the dummy ability..note that this ability is same as ability"A". but it has 2 sec cooldown
When your hero learn ability "A" add the ability "B" to the learning hero then disable it.

When you cast the ability "A" it will start the cooldown and when you cast the spell that reduces cooldown, disable ability "A" then enable ability "B".

Then after you cast the ability "B" disable it then enable the ability "A".

You cant learn ability "A" when you disable it..so you need to enable it again. :/

^ Uhm, this was the suggestion of Radicool, and the very first suggestion on this case too...

Which is quite tedious... And not that much possible for Hero abilities... and this is assuming you only have one possible extra cooldown... what if the cooldown reduction ability has levels? then it will result to too many abilities...

Also, it won't work right for abilities already in cooldown... It might even be abused, since I can cast the ability A, then cast the cooldown reducer, which means that I now have Ability B ready for use, so I can cast B right away...

by experience, nope... I even tried putting an ability based on the same skill in one unit without disabling any of the two... and you know what happened?

1) They only took up one space in the UI (ABIL B became hidden)
2) When I casted the ability, sometimes A is cast and turns into cooldown
-> if this happens, I can't cast B since A is the one on the UI
-> but sometimes, B is casted instead of A, and when that happens, I can still cast A since only B went into cooldown

Level 14
Oh I'v done this before. I made all 5 skills of the hero (it was a single player map so it worked fine there) have a triggered cooldown with timers and integers.
The timers displayed in a multiboard and when a skill is on cooldown, just disable it or replace it with a skill with requirement -cooldown- or something like this. When the timer expires - enable the skill once again.

As we all know you can influence the integers or timers by million ways and mathematical equasions.
Altho in what you require it is unclear can the 80% occur when the ability has only 1-2 sec. left of cooldown because that would reduce merely 0.8-1.6 sec making the cooldown-reduction skill quite dull as it is meant to be used just after any other casted one to be most efficient.

Nope... You can implement it for multiple players... it's just a matter of how you build your system... you can even make it MUI...

if you choose multiboards, you can show a different multiboard per player... then for multiple units, you just need to update the multiboard of the owning player depending on the unit selected...

The only thing is that, doing it in SP is easier than MP and MUI

On the scale of how easy it is to make: SP > MP > MUI

Status
Not open for further replies.