• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Red Alert Tribute

Reactions: deepstrasz and tbgb
Soviet Russia has begun its invasion of Europe. On the borders of Germany, a lone outpost stands in the way of a full-out onslaught, with the fate of an entire continent hanging in the balance.
Contents

Red Alert Tribute (Map)

Level 9
nothing good...
you can't play as a Soviet forces
Helicopter vision range = 0 (i was laughing for about an hour about it... MB USA have special blind helicopters? :dunno: )
you can't build buildings
gold\lumber icons at "buy" centers haven't been changed
Several units still have WC3 voices (Or VG import russian voices o_O )
And the main one :D
I NEVER THOUGHT that ALIES HAVE MEDIUM TANK ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only SOVIET units have :Medium tank ;Mammoth tank

Allies have only light tank !

Level 22
Allies have light and medium tanks. Soviets have heavy and mammoth.

This map is designed more to reflect the campaign-style action that was seen in red alert's single player mode, where you do not always have the luxery of building structures or selecting sides before the mission. This is not meant to reflect multiplayer, or "melee" action.

Oh, and helicopters had zero vision range in the original, as well.
-VGsatomi

Level 6
GOD!!!

You need better description, and the file size is WAY too big. God, god, god!!! Mega fail. I haven't played yet since map takes so long time to dl since it's so big!

EDIT: Remove the music, it may be good, BUT IT WEIGHS ALMOST 20 MG!
EDIT2: You have to import DISBTN icons, since the icons is green when I pause.
EDIT3: According to Leak Check v3.1, the trigger Map Initialization had 6 leaks, Unit Dies 3 leaks, Unit Dies2 4 leaks, Ground Burn 4 leaks, First Battle 37 leaks, Assault1 38 leaks, Routine Attacks 9 leaks each, V2Notice 2 leaks, NotDie 2 leaks, Rond 6 leaks, Base 1 Destroyed 8 leaks, Base 2 Destroyed 3 leaks, Assault2 136 leaks and so on ... GOD!!!
EDIT4: I noticed it was a single player map, so leaks doesn't matter ... But it's much more fun to play with other players.
EDIT5: Real Red Alert has much more infantry ... atleast the second.

Level 4
wtf i cant understand why so many people cry bout the mapsize...i mean i can understand it a lil bit if the map is multiplayer, but it isnt. And 24 MB...big? lmao? My highest downloadspeed is 180 kbs and the map is still fast enough to download, so why the hell are ppl complainin so much bout big filesizes (for soloplaymaps) X_x

wtf i cant understand why so many people cry bout the mapsize...i mean i can understand it a lil bit if the map is multiplayer, but it isnt. And 24 MB...big? lmao? My highest downloadspeed is 180 kbs and the map is still fast enough to download, so why the hell are ppl complainin so much bout big filesizes (for soloplaymaps) X_x

Because most of them have nothing to do except to write bullshit comments for statistics [number of posts].

Because most of them have nothing to do except to write bullshit comments for statistics [number of posts].

My sir, no one is posting bullshit except for you. At least you could check the date of the posts and initial map release and realize that not all people have uber fast internet, because using modem, which usually means you must pay per minute and downloading 5 kb/s with paying every second you are online is NOT funny!

Level 21
there is a few things that are wrong. tanya doesnt attack as fast as she should.(speed listed as fast, should be very fast) tanya doesnt plant explosives on buildings by right clicking.(she does in the real game.) you should get a build system in place. you could for example give players an mcv after they have survived for a while.