• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Realm of subfactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This map (although the data can be exported and be applied on any map) is to feature subfactions and focuses on territorial claim and strafing. Currently I finished gathering potential models (AUTHORS WILL GET CREDIT!) and have already started on the units, upgrades, and abilities. This will take some time, as I will also have to translate the work since the default language is not english.

New Features
I. Subfactions
All 4 original races will be split, with 3 subfactions for each of them. There is no truly
"vanilla" faction, and each faction emphasizes a type of play, for example, Dwarves will be a steamrolling faction due to a more varied and potent array of vehicles. I will attempt to balance it as much as possible, and when I submit the map I will visit the post frequently for constructive criticisms.

II. Focus on territorial claims
In Warcraft III, there are already neutral buildings that are accessible by all players, such as the Goblin Merchant and Goblin Laboratory. Now certain buildings can be "commandeered" for their own use. For example, a refinery provides constant gold income, while a newtual lumber mill would provide constant lumber income, yet even more rune factory allows for rune items, some being permanent. This allows for more strategical sites which probably would be heavily contested.

III. Strafing and unorthodox strategy
This map will encourage flanking, strafing, and other kind of unorthodox strategy. Elves for example can also camoflage on the night, while some Dwarven vehicles will be amphibious, while crusaders and lower paladins can turn temporarily invincible.

IV. New array of items
New items will alter the tides of battle if used properly. Rune factory will provide runes that gives bonuses, heal hero and units, or cast spell on enemies, while chemical factory allows for cheaper and/or more potent potions.

Other ideas accepted after consideration.
Release of english beta version is likely to be in late December or early January.

Last edited:
Level 10
Interesting...

.....Alliance=>
Humans: balanced as always
Dwarves: engineers and warriors
Elves: best mages, druids, healers

.....Horde=>
Orcs: berserkers overall
Trolls: spellcasters
Taurens: heavy warriors and some healers (white taurens)
(im missing the goblins, ogres and some more)

.....Sentinel=>
Night Elves: agility heroes
Naga: warrior mages (i know they are night elf enemies but they fit better here ...? what else)
Satyrs: quick warriors
(Creatures [furbolgs, wildkins], Dragons, Dark Trolls?)

.....Scourge=>
Undeads: good spellcasters
Demons: versatile warriors
Spirits: immune silent assassins (Spirits are: Voidwalkers, Shades, Revenants...)

maybe...? =D
hope i helped

Level 2
About Idea

Interesting...

.....Alliance=>
Humans: balanced as always
Dwarves: engineers and warriors
Elves: best mages, druids, healers

.....Horde=>
Orcs: berserkers overall
Trolls: spellcasters
Taurens: heavy warriors and some healers (white taurens)
(im missing the goblins, ogres and some more)

.....Sentinel=>
Night Elves: agility heroes
Naga: warrior mages (i know they are night elf enemies but they fit better here ...? what else)
Satyrs: quick warriors
(Creatures [furbolgs, wildkins], Dragons, Dark Trolls?)

.....Scourge=>
Undeads: good spellcasters
Demons: versatile warriors
Spirits: immune silent assassins (Spirits are: Voidwalkers, Shades, Revenants...)

maybe...? =D
hope i helped

Actually, I had the basic formula, but Demons or spirit factions would be a good replacement for the Executor's Horde (Undead) or the Traverser (Undead) that I had thought of, with the former specializing in brute force while the latter specializing in mobility. The Undead is similar to the Cult of the Damned that was brainstormed...

In the Night Elves, I never had the idea of putting nagas though, while Human and Orc factions that you suggested matches mine :D

As soon as I finish with the alliance, I shall upload screenshots.

However, Nagas, Ogres, Goblins, Draenei, and Murlocs are planned to be released as unaffiliated races.

Last edited:
Level 5
As i understand it they don't have to be another race but need a different play style.

Night Elves:
Shadow Wings
- Very Weak defense but strong attack with good spying

Elunes Claw
- Focused on Druids and their Transformation.
New units:
- Druid of Elune. This unit can transform into a varity of animals like wolve (fast attack, weak defense) Turtle (weak attack, strong defense) Night saber (Stealthed)
- Spirit Singer. This unit will summon a random animal spirit
for example

Ancient Protectors
- Defense Based game with heavy end game units

Undead

- Cult of Malice
Focus on Cultiest will have only few undead units. But strong cultist casters and assassin type units.

- Ravagers
Based on constant harassment they have excellent early units while late game units will be weak compared to other late game units. Their Ghouls for example will cost a little more but will move faster and deal more damage.

- Order of the Slayer Knights
This would be a very special Faction this factions has no attacking units but can train up to 6 different Slayer Knights (Heroes) and some strong defensive buildings.

Level 2
Unfortunately, the computer needs to be formatted (I assume) and therefore the release would have to be delayed (although I was able to preserve some of the work) Updated planned release time is now on middle of February... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.