• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Re: Upgrading Spells Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, so let me walk you through exactly what I've done so far and why it isn't working.
Ok, I took the Neutral Hostile unit "Fire Revenant," right clicked it, chose "make new custom unit."
I also took the Neutral Hostile ability "Firebolt" and did the "make new custom ability." I did the same with Immolation and Inner Fire. What I wanted to do was have Inner Fire be the ability it started with, and Firebolt and Immolation be trainable.
I took the Upgrade "Necromancer Adept Training" and used it to make my own custom upgrade. I renamed it "Improved Fire Handling" for ease of finding it and changed the learn icons to Firebolt and Immolation icons respectfully by level.
Ok, Firebolt I renamed "Revenants Firebolt" and set:
Techtree Requirement: Improved Fire Handling
Techtree Requirement Level: 1

Ok, Immolation I renamed "Revenants Immolation" and set:
Techtree Requirement: Improved Fire Handling
Techtree Requirement Level: 2

I set Fire Revenant to be:
Techtree - Upgrades Used: Improved Fire Handling

So I create my unit in the test map. I learn the upgrade... and nothing happens. I've tried doing this while having both "Revenants Firebolt" and "Revenants Immolation" under its "Abilities" section, and while not having those spells there. I don't know what's wrong.

Level 1
ok, added the spells to the ability section... but they remain grayed out even after I learn the upgrade. I've set the upgrade to effect the Fire Revenants so it should work. I have no clue what I've done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.