• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RBB - Round-based Battle System V1.04

Reactions: VeljkoM
Features:
-Supports a unlimited amount of creeps, each Creep with up to 5 different attacks assigned to.
-5 Player-Compatible.
-Unlimited amount of Battle Areas.
-No Limits at creating your own spells.
-Own Battle Music possible.

VERSION 1.00
Added: Battle Indicator Arrow, idea by TheBlooddancer.
Added: A fire spell for the player and the ability "Enrage" for the creeps.
Added: Improved the attack ability of the player very much.

VERSION 1.01
Added: 2 new commands and now you cannot move a unit while a fight.

VERSION 1.02
Added: Now you cannot cast spells outside of battle, before they bugged if outside of battle.
Fixed: Arrow is now correctly removed.

VERSION 1.03
Added: Description of how to import the RBB System.
Added: New Command: Message.

VERSION 1.04
Added: 2 Functions: Revive, Revive All.
Added: New Command: -cam changes the cam to the second cam while in battle, and vice versa.

REMOVED: Manuals, if you want the manuals, pm me.

If you got any suggestions for additional features (like damage text, more battle messages and such) just tell them! I need feedback!

~redscores~

This is the kind of game I wanted to imitate with my system:
Lufia

Inspired by: Lufia, Mystical Quest, and all turn-based RPG's.

Keywords:
System, Round, Based, Battle, redscores, Final, Fantasy, 8
Contents

Round-based Battle System (Map)

Reviews
22:04, 3rd Feb 2009 Hanky: Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating. Documentation: 4 Visual Effects: - Triggering: 5 Idea: 5 Nice system, maybe you could add to the example the ability "flee". But...
Level 6
You should add some environment on the plane area and some creeps, then add a system where you can battle a creep in the battle area.

OR

Like in final fantasy, make a percent of chance that we encounter a monster, creep

OR

same as FF, but like in Pokemon, when you walk of grass you have a chance to encounter a pokemon!

Level 16
Srsly dont tell Redscores what to do! =S
He made his own system, why whould he even CONSIDER copying the other system,,
So dont, no DONT tell anyone that it has stolen a system if you dont know anything!
FIRST find out how it is set up, both,,
THEN check if they look the same,,
IF it is the same, say it, but in a NICE WAY!
IF NOT, say nothing and just comment if you think it is good!

Level 18
I CAN USE CAPS LOCK TOO! But there's no need to do it though...

Guys, just hold your horses for a minute. If someone says he made the system himself/herself, then we assume he/her did made it himself/herself until someone comes with facts that prove it's stole. This proof should be more then someone thinking he/she is suspicious. It should be at least big enough to be worth taking a look at. If you can give us parts of the Hero RPG that seem to have obviously much in common with certain parts in redscores' system, we can take a better look at it. Until then, nobody should be accused of anything.

Level 14
Great system! I love it, I feel like working on a new map now but ehm. I think you should make so that player 1 can control 2 units.

Edit: Question: I've imported the system to my map now but how can I make the creeps face me in combat?

Last edited:
Level 21
@darkmonk5: No ATB ffs, ATB =! round-based. A ATB means that it is real time, but if you would read, this system is made as a round or turn-based system, so no.

@The World is flat: I don't care about that, its your job to program the attacks, I just created the system to make it possible for you to fight like that.

@DerTod1994: Read the system triggers, if you dont understand, i can send you the 2 manual files.

Level 1
i dont understand how i can add more Unittyps or how i can make a boss fight with your system^^.iam very happy when you can help me.:grin:

Level 8
The only problem with this, is you couldn't use it for a save/load RPG. My reason for this is that if you use this system EVERYONE has to fight together, whether they want to or not. Therefore you get some guy who has his level 80 or whatever with the level 1 starters, and he can't go off and play on his own he has to play with the level 1's. If this system allowed players to go off and have their own solo fights in this style, it would be amazing.

Level 3
Yea I love this system, But I have to agree with Sube2, Also I'm trying to think of a good map, I might want to implement this system in but Sometime back I tried to, The variables were all missing and had no idea how to get them to my map.

Level 8
Yea I love this system, But I have to agree with Sube2, Also I'm trying to think of a good map, I might want to implement this system in but Sometime back I tried to, The variables were all missing and had no idea how to get them to my map.

This system is very difficult to get to work right with a real online game. I got it to work for my upcoming map "Chaos Squad: America". But heres a few things you'll have to note:
1. If players are not in chronological order, the system will bug up and you will be spanked. (player 1, player 2, player 3, 4 ,5) = Smiles. (Player 1, 3, 4, 5) = Frowns :(.

You'll have to fix that. And another thing, that really doesn't make much sense to me as to WHY he didn't do this. He made it where you lose all control when it's not your turn, which is kinda dumb and an easy fix without using the buggy pause/unpause units thanks to something he implemented himself. He made it where you can't cast spells when you're not in combat. Why not when it's not your turn? o.o.

Another thing, he made it where the mobs get added to the system and are randomized (Which as he stated the map is customizable, so it's not totally his fault, and it is customizable). IF you want a boss fight of any kind, you'll need to make a seperate "Creep Generate" trigger just for a boss, oh and a boolean to check if it's a boss fight.

Another er thing. (Which again isn't his fault). Stuns don't make you skip your turn, or a creeps turn! Simply go into the creep ai and add some if/then/elses for buffs. Easy fix.

Theres a few more things that I can't really remember. I remember spening a looong time configuring this system to actually work correctly for online play. If you need any more help, just pm me with the problem and I'm sure I can help.

But, don't think I'm bagging on your Redscores system, because I'm not. If I didn't think it was great, I wouldn't have spent countless hours configuring it. +Rep Redscores!

Level 8
Thanks for the nice words, and actually, I hadn't worried about a stun system or whatnot... because I only wanted to create a flexible system... but if i would be still active, I maybe could do something in that direction..

It's a very flexible system, it's just not friendly for less advanced users. I have made this system work perfectly for my map, through alot of trial and error, but it's alot better than making this system on my own. I'm sure it would have taken me forever o.o.

Level 15
how to use this??
Well I'm not sure if you can find it out without some advanced GUI knowledge :)

BTW nice work redscores, although I just came by looking for something else, but seems like I have to code it myself :)

Oh and I'd rather forget about saying this is just a copy(I think we all know who am I talking to :D), just by reading this six pages under the map(almost like a changelog!) you will understand the entire process ^^

Level 6
Thanks for this GUI, i has make a map Metal Slug RPG, This be wait so long to finish this map. Oh, i forgot, can you change the units creeps trigger, i want make a Boss.

Level 6
upload_2016-8-14_21-28-15.png
I was remove Run(NextUnits), other players is disable controll, and you must make a chatting trigger to easy chat, because they can't chatting if they in the battle. Bad English :p

how can i add some more unit types?
Use the setup format for adding the trolls and input your new units.

As for my comments in regard for this resources :
  1. I liked the style, it reminds me a lot of Persona series. I even used it to get similar effect in a small map I made and upload here.
  2. There are some issues in regards with compatibility, due to Unit Data being used.
  3. I also found many stuff is not self explanatory. To add it on top, this system requires a lot of manual configuration, especially to make it compatible with single player due to camera settings. Also, I don't notice the mob setting was for it's unit type until I take a more closer look.
  4. There are more, but these ones are very concerning to deal with. I have to go through a lot of changing just to figure things out.