• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ravages of Time Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings, Friends of the Hive.

I am known on battle.net as Omega_spirit and I come to you today to seek various helps on my map project that I continued from SoTDRP unto RoTRP.
I am looking on help on a few subjects, be it :

- Terraining additional maps for the series
- Maybe making a custom loading screen for Ravages of Time Roleplay
- Fixing an issue in my current version of my map.

On the first issue, some of you may be aware of maps going on Bnet as RoTRP - Ashenvale, Primordium, Dalaran, Primavera. These are some of the things I worked on. Scoob left me recently due to IRL stuff going on in his life and I am now somewhat alone working on the project. The currents terrains I have available to work which are the following : imgur album and I would be glad to include any terrain that are provided to me inside the project, I am also able to access the previous RP map terrains if need arise to make the maps. Once I have the files required, I am easily able to produce an additional version of the map with the new terrain.

On the regard of the loading screen I am not picky, something related to time and desolation.

Now unto the main issue at hand, I am currently done with the version 3.2 of the map. I changed some stuff around and added/removed models. Trigger-wise, not much have changed except some arrays and what-not but I have not changed commands nor added new ones since a lot time. But since ScoobyD tried to add buildables trees, the map has not been functioning properly in-game. I tried to get rid of the stuff he added and I have not gotten many successful results. The map opens fine in Newgen integrated with World Editor Unlimited, I am able to modify and save it as I used to but when I optimize it (needed to reduce the map size below 8MB to allow Bnet play), and place the map in my map folder of WC3, It appears in my maplist when I try to host it but as soon as I click on it, the game crashes. I tried to look at things a bit but I could not figure what the problem was and what causes it. I am coming at you today seeking a fix to the problem to help release the version 3.2 of RoTRP as soon as possible.

I will not be posting a direct link to the map file itself as of yet, but if you're willing to take a look at the map and try to figure out the problem, just leave a reply here and I'ill send you a link to DL the map from me and you can look at it. Once the map's finished and working I'ill maybe release an unprotected version to allow new people to work themselves on the map and maybe figure out new things to add and even more improve the map.

I'm also looking for feedback related to the map itself, be it complains, issues or just critics, I will read it and think about it.

Thank you all for the help you will provide!

~Omega_spirit~

Level 9
Greetings, Friends of the Hive.

I am known on battle.net as Omega_spirit and I come to you today to seek various helps on my map project that I continued from SoTDRP unto RoTRP.
I am looking on help on a few subjects, be it :

- Terraining additional maps for the series
- Maybe making a custom loading screen for Ravages of Time Roleplay
- Fixing an issue in my current version of my map.

On the first issue, some of you may be aware of maps going on Bnet as RoTRP - Ashenvale, Primordium, Dalaran, Primavera. These are some of the things I worked on. Scoob left me recently due to IRL stuff going on in his life and I am now somewhat alone working on the project. The currents terrains I have available to work which are the following : imgur album and I would be glad to include any terrain that are provided to me inside the project, I am also able to access the previous RP map terrains if need arise to make the maps. Once I have the files required, I am easily able to produce an additional version of the map with the new terrain.

On the regard of the loading screen I am not picky, something related to time and desolation.

Now unto the main issue at hand, I am currently done with the version 3.2 of the map. I changed some stuff around and added/removed models. Trigger-wise, not much have changed except some arrays and what-not but I have not changed commands nor added new ones since a lot time. But since ScoobyD tried to add buildables trees, the map has not been functioning properly in-game. I tried to get rid of the stuff he added and I have not gotten many successful results. The map opens fine in Newgen integrated with World Editor Unlimited, I am able to modify and save it as I used to but when I optimize it (needed to reduce the map size below 8MB to allow Bnet play), and place the map in my map folder of WC3, It appears in my maplist when I try to host it but as soon as I click on it, the game crashes. I tried to look at things a bit but I could not figure what the problem was and what causes it. I am coming at you today seeking a fix to the problem to help release the version 3.2 of RoTRP as soon as possible.

I will not be posting a direct link to the map file itself as of yet, but if you're willing to take a look at the map and try to figure out the problem, just leave a reply here and I'ill send you a link to DL the map from me and you can look at it. Once the map's finished and working I'ill maybe release an unprotected version to allow new people to work themselves on the map and maybe figure out new things to add and even more improve the map.

I'm also looking for feedback related to the map itself, be it complains, issues or just critics, I will read it and think about it.

Thank you all for the help you will provide!

~Omega_spirit~

I'm sure someone is going to help you. RotRP and other Series of RP's are pretty awesome. I didn't actually know there was a Requiem, Primavera, and Dalaran though. Pretty awesome. Can you guys also make some terrain based off Dobrp? Well, wish you luck on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.