• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Contributors for a Roleplay Sandbox map in the vein of SotDRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

~El

Level 17
Preface

Ever done roleplay in WC3? Ever played maps like SotDRP, RoTRP, XRP, DoBRP or others?
Want to take part in creating the next-gen WC3 RP sandbox map?
Want to help with the community side of things?
Want to get some experience working in a team?
Want to have a go at using Wurst for developing a map with some highly advanced systems?

Then look no further.

I am actively searching for any souls that might be willing to help me develop a project that has been in development for over 3 years, to finally drive it to completion.

The Project

The map is called YARP, standing for Yet Another Roleplay, a spiritual successor to the likes of DoBRP, SotDRP, RoTRP and others.

It is a freeform sandbox-style map where you are given the ability to build and roleplay anything and everything you might've wanted.

The map features a seamless save and load system supporting builds of practically any size or complexity, as well as an ever growing set of utilities for building and roleplay.

What you can help with?

Anything, really. Hit me up and I'll think of something. Here are some possibilities:

• Code. There is a lot of code already written for the map, but more needs to be done. The map is written entirely in Wurst, and I'm slowly driving it to completion, but I would greatly appreciate any help. If you are interested, I'm eager to answer any questions, as well as provide guidance and help.
  • Object Data. At the moment, YARP has around ~800 custom units and buildings. This is an abysmal amount of data to manage, and all of it is defined using a special program with a YAML file as an input. I actually need a lot of help reorganizing this file, as well as combing through it and setting models for a lot of the units.
  • Terrains. For the most part, I had to salvage terrains from old maps for my purposes. The author of some of those terrains, @Saken, has retouched them, and is working on an all-new terrain, but I will be appreciative of a wider selection of terrains.
  • Community. This is a bit of a vague point, but if you're interested in WC3 RP and sandbox style maps, and would like to help spread the word and host roleplay sessions on at least a semi-regular basis, I would be very thankful.
  • Custom Content. As mentioned above, there's a lot of custom content in YARP already, and I plan on adding even more. However, it is a rather tedious process, and one I'd appreciate a lot of help with, as well.
  • Models. I've mostly been using models I found on Hive or XGM up until now, but if you're a modeller willing to make some general-purpose roleplaying models, that would be swell.
Contacts

If you feel like you're interested, feel free to drop by in our discord and directly ping me.

If you want to gleam over the code, it can be found at this github repo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.