• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rangers.VS.Soldiers

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
what is this map ?
-----------------
it's a 6vs6 and every player has it's own training camp : the soldiers hafe soldier camp and the rangers> rangercamp
you can buy rangers/soldiers at you'r camp
every ranger/soldier has it's price and skills

both the rangerteam and the soldierteam hafe (can be trained at : camp + chopterbarrack):

CHOPTERS ( only force that can be trained at barrack) : 50 damage = 200 health < cost:
200 gold and 0 food < it's a helicopter xP < new modeled!

Walkinators : cost 250 gold +10lumber +1 food : 60damg 300hp

Firstforces : both cost 100 gold + 0 food and hafe 50 damage + 500 health

SecondForces: both cost 250 gold + 1 food and hafe 60 damage + 600 health

SpecialForces:both cost 300 gold + 2 food and hafe 100 damage + 600 health

Bosses : both cost 500 gold + 5 food and hafe 150 damage + 700 health

Masters : both cost 1000 gold + 15 food and hafe 200 damage + 800 health

Builder3000 : the builder 3000 (both teams hafe) is a builder that can build 4 customized
buildings including
a SENTRYGUN < it's like a human tower but then with a sentry model
a BIGFARM < new farm that grands you 10 food
a VECHICLEBARRACK < new modeled building that trains chopters
a SAM-turret < same as sentry only stronger and new model

Creature Spawn
-------------------
as you can see on the picture there are 2 sort of rivers but you can walk it ...
every 2 min : 20 badass wolves will spawn there and remain there : these are just for training you'r hero's and makin some money < yes you will receive money for it due it's a hostile unit ...

if you like this map and my object data used for it : PM me if you want to use my object data to make more Rangers.vs.Soldiers map : i now hafe 2 : also check out my first one at : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/rangers-vs-soldiers-186826/

thx for reading / downloading
and please rate and comment !

greets sushikiller (joshua)

Keywords:
war,forces,map,melee
Contents

Rangers.VS.Soldiers (Map)

Reviews
21:06, 15th Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 7
The terrain is very poor, and the gameplay is boring. I can say that the terrain is made in 5 minutes, if you want to upload a good map here search the maps and see them how they are made and then upload your own map. REJECTION

Level 28
Map downloaded at 15/01/11 (20:24)

Terrain:
The terrain is completely flat, you should use the raise/lower-tool a lot more.
Additionally, you used the wrong kinds of water: the best way to create water is by setting "initial water level" to "shallow water" (can only be done when creating a new map afaik).
Afterward, you just need to lower the terrain to make a gorgeous puddle of water - you used cliffs, which looks like... nothing, really.

There are hardly any doodads, and the doodads that are there do not fit the scenery (2 volcanoes right next to eachother in the water, some random crates/cages).
No environmental doodads, no fog, nothing that could give the terrain a better look.

The terrain is also very inconsistent: a few puddles here, a few trees there, not caring about symmetry (you tried to make it symmetrical, but failed).

Triggers:
These are as basic as you can get without creating a(n altered) melee-map.

What would make you think you had to create 2 triggers?
  • SpawnUnitRangers
    • Events
      • Time - Every 120.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 20 Giant Wolf for Neutral Hostile at (Center of RangerSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • SpawnUnitSoldiers
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 20 Giant Wolf for Neutral Hostile at (Center of SoldierSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Can very easily be combined to:
  • SpawnUnits
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 20 Giant Wolf for Neutral Hostile at (Center of RangerSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 20 Giant Wolf for Neutral Hostile at (Center of SoldierSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
That's not the only mistake in the triggers.
Another (yet again, very basic) mistake is that your triggers create leaks.
Something you must know about leaks is that they create lag (I don't want to hear you saying you never had any lag in your map: that may very well be possible, but the fact remains that your triggers leak and will decrease the FPS).
You really have to learn how to fix those.

Objects:
You apparantly do not know how the combat fields actually work.
This is very clear when you look at all your units: you never even once changed the "number of dice", a very important value for calculating damage.
The only thing you did was "look, I can set the damage to 200!". Do you know why the damage never appears to be 200?
Additionally, you've given the "Walkinator" a splash attack, but did not give him an AoE radius (which is standard 0.00).
So if the unit you're attacking moves a single pixel, the Walkinator will deal no damage at all! Making it the most useless unit in the game.

And umm... remove all unnecessary upgrades, what if someone researches defend just because he can? That'd be a waste of money...
You also have free units (which are still pretty strong for being free), I don't know if you noticed that, but it is quite a heavy advantage to have some of those (they don't even cost any food).

The tooltips are a mess, I'll just sum up a few.
  • "pwnin death units"
  • "Tool tip missing!" (oh yeah, quite a few of these).
  • "This building provides vechicles with cool models", which leads me to my next point.
You imported too much unnecessary custom models.
I mean: custom models are good, if you use them correctly. You import models because they look good, not because they fit your map (and that's a negative thing indeed).

A little remark: are you afraid of using the spacebar? Not a single name has a space, which is good... if those names were a single word.
"SpecialForcesSoldiers", "FirstSquadRanger" etc could be so much better if you actually used the largest button on your keyboard.

Gameplay:
Pretty bad, really.
You start out with a race of your choice and can build an additional... 10 units or so? (Not even per race: always the same 10 units).
There's not much else to say, as this is the entire gameplay