• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ranged units bug /mob bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I found a bug when I was playing around a bit with my druid. I do not think that this "bug" really needs to be fixed,because it is not affecting the game very hard, but if you feel free to fix it, just do it :) . Just watch the replay and you will understand it I think. The only thing that confuses me is why the crow and the ogres can run out of their "area" without being resetted. I think that these two bugs can be used for other mobs too, but I did not try it yet.
These are the parts of the replay where you can see the bugs:
2:25-2:55 (bug number one: the crows stay at the fence and can not attack me, but i can attack them)
4:15-4:57 (bug number one and two: same thing as before, but one of the crows moves out of his "area" and does not get resetted)
9:10-10:28 (bug number two: the ogres somehow move out of their "area" and do not get resetted and they can be killed)

Attachments

• Gaias bugs.w3g
    19.6 KB · Views: 88
About the crows: This is a bug with the wc3 pathfinding engine. Obviously the crows don't compare the attacking range properly with the pathing available. No way to fix that except for increasing the attack range by a small amount.

About the ogres: I didn't notice any behaviour that is out of the ordinary behaviour in your replay. Enemies use their initial position to determine follow radius. The upper ogre thus can move farther north than the lower ogre. You managed to find a "sweet spot" which allows the upper ogre to not reset and the lower to reset, which should be a rare case.

The only thing that is weird here is that the ogres are not properly camp-linked (usually, if one ogre returns, all others should follow), but I think this is due to the fact that they don't stand close enough to each other initially. The ogre camp is not set up correctly in terms of camp groups; I noticed that a lot of time already. But it's not that much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.