• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random, Unwanted kicking(disconnection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I've been spending my time creating and updating a map I made over the past week or two.

I keep on updating the map every now and then. The problem I'm experiencing at the moment, is when I actually host my map online. When people join the map online, they DL the map, and on 99% they get "kicked", or disconnected(this is not 100% of the people who join, but roughly 60%).
Disconnections during the game is not the problem.

I have tested all of my triggers, by turning them off, and even deleting them. The problem was not fixed and shows me the problem isn't with my triggers. I have run a Comodo Anti virus scan test, as well as a scan from AVG to test whether the problem could be caused by a virus.
But no Virus was found.

The disconnection of players roughly started happening after i finished a trigger within the map the other night. Though I cannot say that the trigger is the cause since I have removed the trigger in total to test the map, but the problem still persisted.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Level 6
That problem is usually caused if you optimize your map with certain options.

It makes the warcraft to only find the map when it's on the main folder of "Maps", but, the people when joins your game they auto-download the map to the subfolder "Download", so them are instantly kicked.

This happened some times to me. If you're using an optimizer, try the map without optimizing it.

If you're not using an optimizer... then I don't know what can cause your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.