• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I am working on my own melee map that is altered. The map has ingame commands for:
-setname, -colorme *Color*, -close cam | -normal cam | -far cam.
The map has: customized Heroes
The map has: Randomized triggers that happen at the start of a round.

-- IF anyone would help me come up with some unique Map events that occur ONCE and at the start of the map. I will try to put it into my map. So far i have the following:
(1): Handicap - Every player in the map has their health handicap set to 75%.
(2): Pillage - Every unit that is trained or sold is given Pillage, and every unit at the start is also given Pillage.
(3): Sharp Blade - Every Creep in the Map has been given a 30 Bonus damage to their attacks.
(4): Blink - Every unit that is trained or Sold is given Blink, and every unit at the start is also given Blink.
(5): Random Gold - A random player is given 500 Gold at the start of the Round.
(6): Random Wood - A Random player is given a Random Integer from 100 to 1000 Lumber.
(7): Zombie - Every time a Unit owned by a player in the map dies, They will have a 5 second delay then they are resurrected as a zombie for Neutral Hostile.
(8): Teleport - Every unit that is trained or sold is given Teleport, and every unit at the start is also given Teleport.
(9): Clonization - You will get a copy of that unit that is Trained/Summoned/Sold (Works for Heroes aswell)
(10): Movement - Every unit that is trained or sold is given 522 movement speed, and every unit at the start is also given 522 movement speed.
(11): No Air - Every air unit that you can train/buy/upgrade is Taken away. When a Obsidian statue enters the map his ability to become a Destroyer is removed.

------------- that is all I have so far. If you would like to suggest something. Please do so now! (And no i am not removing any of those events.)

( I thought about these ideas myself and no I did not take them from other maps... )

Level 8
Rather than have something like: get 100 gold
I'd prefer something like global events, like the zombie idea.

Because randomness is fun, but the enemy randomly getting a benefit you don't is not fun.
Meaning it should impact both players in order to be fair.
Good point.. Every player will get 100 Gold.. and with the lumber idea, I'll make it where every player get's a random 100 - 250 lumber :D

Level 39
Uh, I think some of these are really, really bad ideas for altered melee. 3 makes creeping impossible without significant unit investment, so that just slows the game down but doesn't really change anything. 5 and 6 are incredibly unfair. 11 (no air) significantly weakens night elf more than basically anyone else because they have lots of anti air.

Last edited:
Level 8
Uh, I think some of these are really, really bad ideas for altered melee. 3 makes creeping impossible without significant unit investment, so that just slows the game down but doesn't really change anything. 5 and 6 are incredibly unfair. 11 (no air) significantly weakens night elf more than basically anyone else unless I'm wrong.
for 5 and 6 I fixed it where it is everyone get's the gold/lumber.
3 the creeps only get 30 damage increased.
and for 11 Well.. everyone get's no air units. Night elves get mountain giants that have over 1K health. I think they'd be okay. All races have their own special stuff in it too. It is altered... so everything would be Fine for the races.

Level 28
The events should affect every player, because there's little point in continuing to play against someone who can steamroll you from the start.

Random Upgrade: Every player starts with one weapon or armor upgrade at tier 3.
Zombie Invasion: Creep zombies appear at the center of the map and attack every player's base after X minutes.
Murloc Invasion: Murlocs appear at the edges and corners of the map and attack every player's base after X minutes.
Demonic Invasion: Portals appear spawning demons that attack every player's base every X minutes. The waves grow stronger every time.
Zombie Apocalypse: Creep zombies spawn every X minutes at the center of the map and attack every player's base.
Extra Gold: Every gold mine gets 5000 gold added to its reserves.
Bounty Hunters: Player receives gold when they kill an enemy unit.
Rebirth: Every time a player unit dies, the player receives a new one X minutes later at their base (counts towards food cap).

Level 8
The events should affect every player, because there's little point in continuing to play against someone who can steamroll you from the start.

Random Upgrade: Every player starts with one weapon or armor upgrade at tier 3.
Zombie Invasion: Creep zombies appear at the center of the map and attack every player's base after X minutes.
Murloc Invasion: Murlocs appear at the edges and corners of the map and attack every player's base after X minutes.
Demonic Invasion: Portals appear spawning demons that attack every player's base every X minutes. The waves grow stronger every time.
Zombie Apocalypse: Creep zombies spawn every X minutes at the center of the map and attack every player's base.
Extra Gold: Every gold mine gets 5000 gold added to its reserves.
Bounty Hunters: Player receives gold when they kill an enemy unit.
Rebirth: Every time a player unit dies, the player receives a new one X minutes later at their base (counts towards food cap).

I think I might add some of those. But Zombies! already does that. When a unit owned by a player dies they are turned into neutral hostile zombies. I don't think I need more than 1 zombie event. I might add the Random Upgrade. I was already thinking about that. and Extra gold is set up that every player will receive 100 gold every 30 seconds. and lumber does 100 lumber every 60 seconds. I might add:

Bounty Hunters and Rebirth. Maybe Random Upgrade and maybe Demonic Invasion. We'll see :p thanks for the ideas though!

Status
Not open for further replies.