• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Random Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there any way to generate a random event at a random time?
I tried it but it never worked...
Here's how i did it
194048110365475360.gif

This was based on randomising hero on the hero selection system by Eleandor. Link is here

194048110425185468.gif

This was basically how long each event was, from 1 minute to 5 minutes game time... Still trying to make it real time

194048110157033275.gif

194048110045512358.png

194048110280266523.gif

My 3 random events... I would add more when i managed to fix it

What I know is that it is either the spawn trigger, the extra trigger or the timer trigger is spoilt... It is not a question to fix it, but to ask people for a way to make it work.

If I violated any terms of the forum here, please let me know. As much as I know I joined long ago, I've never made a map nor asked for triggering help.

Level 13
You should change the Events:
  • Time
  • Events:
    • Time - Every (Random real number between 60.00 and 300.00) seconds of game time
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:
    • Trigger - Turn on Events[(Random integer number between 1 and 3)]
    • Countdown Timer - Start XXXXX as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.05 seconds
  • Event 1
  • Events:
    • Time - XXXXX expires
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:
    • Unit - Create 5 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of West<gen>)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in North <gen>) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To (Center of Central <gen>)
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
I suggest u use [ trigger ] [ /trigger ] to write the triggers,dun use pictures. ._.
another Events also copy Events 1

Level 8
The time trigger is the problem it should be run Events <gen> ignoring conditions not turn on trigger. And take the event - map ini out of all event triggers and turn them on also remove the turn off this trigger actions. If you do this your triggers will work.

Level 1
Thanks for your comments...
Though most didn't work, Gang Spear's Comment helped me alot...
I finally got it working! Thank you!

Can the Moderator lock this?

Status
Not open for further replies.