• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Encountering

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: -Kobas-
Someone has asked for a Random Encountering System so here it is.
This System is about, when a hero moves in a certain area there is a chance of entering a battle with his/her allies against some monsters. Each area has different types of monsters. You will not enter a battle if your hero does not move. This template works only for a 1 player moving around in Monster Areas. (I can change it into a multiplayer moving but in simple words, it will make no sense.)

This is based on Final Fantasy Monster Encountering. If you want me to improve or want me to add more things into the System, I have no problem.
Any bugs found, inform me about it to get it fixed.

If used in your map, give credits, thank you.

Keywords:
Final Fantasy, Battle, Encountering
Contents

Random Encountering (Map)

Reviews
12:37, 15th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Template that can be created in 5 min max (at least user who know where to find terrain palette)!

You should at least add doodads, make river, lake, forest, maybe mountain, village etc etc...

Sorry dude but this one isn't great at all :sad:
Here check this for terrain:

Beginners F.A.Q To Terraining [22 May 2009 21:18]iPeez
Creating a Dungeon Entrance [07 Oct 2009 14:07]X-OMG-X
Creating Rivers with Rolling Shores [31 Dec 2006 21:56]1337D00D
Editing Cliff Skins [02 Jan 2009 20:17]Argus
How to Make Easy Waterfalls [10 Nov 2009 08:38]RoboHippo
How to make good looking lava in WE [03 Feb 2010 13:50]Piwlady
How to remove Blight's green clouds [26 Oct 2009 04:11]Stathisdjs
iPeez's Complete Terraing Tutorial v1.0 [18 Jan 2009 18:38]iPeez
Natural Environments [30 Aug 2008 21:42]~Void~
Pathing - Everything about it [01 Jan 2010 18:33]Dr. Boom
Playable Terrain: Islands [06 Sep 2008 08:41]Belgarath
Playable Terrain: Overgrown Forests [03 May 2008 01:27]Belgarath
Polishing Your Game [25 May 2010 00:55]N1ghthawk
Terrain Overgoes - a small guide [28 Sep 2009 04:33]Belgarath
Terrain: Advanced Lighting [13 Feb 2008 05:41]~Void~
Terrain: Forest Cliffs [06 May 2007 11:48]Jattenalle
Terraining - Path by the Sea [16 Feb 2008 02:23]Belgarath
Terraining Tut. - Forests [04 Dec 2006 03:52]HernanG
The Ultimate Beginners Terrain Tutorial [12 Jun 2007 13:31]HermanTheGibbon
Various Terraining Tips! [17 Sep 2009 21:59]Revolve

Well I attached links to few tut here on THW and to their Authors!
Some are easy some are for advanced users!

Some have little to do with terrain some much more!
Pls at least scroll down each one just to check pictures!

If you really want to learn how to terrain, check also other sites like
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/
http://www.wc3c.net/
and others...

open maps, check terrain contest etc etc, check terrain board and people showcases, explore user albums, search Hive... You can always ask some user for help, join to Chat room sometimes (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/apps.php?p=gochat)

:razz: 2 Much work to do right :xxd:

Also this one can help

Greetings http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/goblin-boblin+2/#userresourceskaizar. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.
The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:
-Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
-When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
-Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
-If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

I will post some links again and hope you will check and learn something!

First map description:

Here check this one: Click and this one also: Click again

Then about map:
If map isn't finished jet, use Map Development forum for that! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

Now come THW rules:
Map Rules

And for the end my rating:
I will give you 1/5 mark (because I don't like map or map breaks rules) and must vote for rejection (same) and report map to moderator! (to check your map)
But don't worry, when you finish your map just update this one and ask moderator to unlock it so people can leave comments etc etc!
Here: Map resource moderation

Level 7
1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map Reported

Nothing personal but this is THE GREATEST shit that I find and checked here so far -.-
+rep for that!

Why the rejection? ^^

Template that can be created in 5 min max (at least user who know where to find terrain palette)!

You should at least add doodads, make river, lake, forest, maybe mountain, village etc etc...

Sorry dude but this one isn't great at all :sad:
Here check this for terrain:

Beginners F.A.Q To Terraining [22 May 2009 21:18]iPeez
Creating a Dungeon Entrance [07 Oct 2009 14:07]X-OMG-X
Creating Rivers with Rolling Shores [31 Dec 2006 21:56]1337D00D
Editing Cliff Skins [02 Jan 2009 20:17]Argus
How to Make Easy Waterfalls [10 Nov 2009 08:38]RoboHippo
How to make good looking lava in WE [03 Feb 2010 13:50]Piwlady
How to remove Blight's green clouds [26 Oct 2009 04:11]Stathisdjs
iPeez's Complete Terraing Tutorial v1.0 [18 Jan 2009 18:38]iPeez
Natural Environments [30 Aug 2008 21:42]~Void~
Pathing - Everything about it [01 Jan 2010 18:33]Dr. Boom
Playable Terrain: Islands [06 Sep 2008 08:41]Belgarath
Playable Terrain: Overgrown Forests [03 May 2008 01:27]Belgarath
Polishing Your Game [25 May 2010 00:55]N1ghthawk
Terrain Overgoes - a small guide [28 Sep 2009 04:33]Belgarath
Terrain: Advanced Lighting [13 Feb 2008 05:41]~Void~
Terrain: Forest Cliffs [06 May 2007 11:48]Jattenalle
Terraining - Path by the Sea [16 Feb 2008 02:23]Belgarath
Terraining Tut. - Forests [04 Dec 2006 03:52]HernanG
The Ultimate Beginners Terrain Tutorial [12 Jun 2007 13:31]HermanTheGibbon
Various Terraining Tips! [17 Sep 2009 21:59]Revolve

Well I attached links to few tut here on THW and to their Authors!
Some are easy some are for advanced users!

Some have little to do with terrain some much more!
Pls at least scroll down each one just to check pictures!

If you really want to learn how to terrain, check also other sites like
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/
http://www.wc3c.net/
and others...

open maps, check terrain contest etc etc, check terrain board and people showcases, explore user albums, search Hive... You can always ask some user for help, join to Chat room sometimes (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/apps.php?p=gochat)

:razz: 2 Much work to do right :xxd:

Also this one can help

Greetings http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/goblin-boblin+2/#userresourceskaizar. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.
The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:
-Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
-When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
-Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
-If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

I will post some links again and hope you will check and learn something!

First map description:

Here check this one: Click and this one also: Click again

Then about map:
If map isn't finished jet, use Map Development forum for that! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

Now come THW rules:
Map Rules

And for the end my rating:
I will give you 1/5 mark (because I don't like map or map breaks rules) and must vote for rejection (same) and report map to moderator! (to check your map)
But don't worry, when you finish your map just update this one and ask moderator to unlock it so people can leave comments etc etc!
Here: Map resource moderation

Why should I add doodads or terraining to the template? I thought templates are just to get the triggers in them and use them on your maps? If that is what "template" means, too bad you can't copy the doodads that I would've put in the map and paste it into your map. T_T
You think this is a 5 mins max? It took me a work of more than 10 hours of thinking what to do/put and how to improve it. I have done this template for Sinder and those who needs something of this type.

Last edited:
This one explains all :xxd:
No seriously few tiles on ground with 10 trees and 2 units? -.^

Ok read carefully!
I was new like everyone dude here, lol can you imagine for example our webmaster when he first time opened WE lol :D
Well if you think that all that above is really boring and you don't have so much time to check all that then do next:
1st - Open any blizzard made melee map (melee for start)
2nd - Check terrain, check how they placed doodads (no trees in water etc etc)
3th - Try to copy that (some will say lol blizzard made cliffs, just ignore them, melee maps still have blizzard made cliffs so what...)
4th - Once when you become really good with terrain (low level) try to open some easy tutorial first, learn how to import stuff, how to change doodads height etc etc
5th - Find and open advanced tutorials, try to make custom made cliff, try to make custom lightning, rotate your doodads!
6th - Find JNG open UTM (ultimate terrain map) or high res doodads map (wc3c site) create awesome terrain and attach pictures to our terrain forum!
7th - Search, learn, explore THW and many other sites, open random maps, copy, steal (not really and not resources only people ideas :razz:) and improve your skills! Join terrain contest, share ideas, you need to work work and work!
8th - Blow up all crazy dudes here and me with them with some uber awesome terrain that will you upload here for some incoming terrain contest!

EDIT:

Oh sry I forgot!

9th - Do that above and then Create and share with us some crazy tutorial of yours!

You gotta be kidding me? Templates are TERRAIN based. They are for people to make MAPS on, not for making spells/systems etc. etc. This belongs in the SPELL section.

also, 10 hours to make this?
you my friend must be very inexperianced, I worked out how to do it in 5>
minutes.
Making it ofc would take longer, maybe 30> minutes.

Also you can easily trick the system so that the timer remains paused and you will never encounter any enemy. you just have to target a unit/building with an attack order, a destructiible, a follow order, etc.

Maybe you should look in the spell section for Gui stuff, &/or jass stuff and gain some knowledge on making these systems quickly and efficiantly as all I see in this is leak after leak - which means technically after a while the system makes the game lag, lag eventually leading to it crashing.

Edit: Forgot to meantion, since this is in the wrong section and is of low standard anyway, 1/5 reported, voted for rejection.

Level 7
Type:Template / Terrain

Means that will I check only your map TERRAIN nothing else!

If nothing else you can even send map with mail to your friend -.-

Well, too bad there is no just, "Type:Template" category. Maybe ask Hive to separate the categories "Terrain" from "Template".
If you wanted me to improve the Terraining, I have no problem. You could've just asked from the beginning instead of absuing and making fun of me. (Read description well next time, it asks for any improvments someone needs to be done for the map.) Though I do not have to "improve" any terraining, I cannot see it in any of the "Hive Rules"..

Level 7
You gotta be kidding me? Templates are TERRAIN based. They are for people to make MAPS on, not for making spells/systems etc. etc. This belongs in the SPELL section.

also, 10 hours to make this?
you my friend must be very inexperianced, I worked out how to do it in 5>
minutes.
Making it ofc would take longer, maybe 30> minutes.

Also you can easily trick the system so that the timer remains paused and you will never encounter any enemy. you just have to target a unit/building with an attack order, a destructiible, a follow order, etc.

Maybe you should look in the spell section for Gui stuff, &/or jass stuff and gain some knowledge on making these systems quickly and efficiantly as all I see in this is leak after leak - which means technically after a while the system makes the game lag, lag eventually leading to it crashing.

Edit: Forgot to meantion, since this is in the wrong section and is of low standard anyway, 1/5 reported, voted for rejection.

1) I can't understand how can moving and entering battles is a type of a "Spell"...
2) This is made to help some people that are not pros like "you" who can make this in 10 seconds.
3) Oh dear god, I'm fed of u and ur kinds, just keep on teasing people and make fun of them. Maybe telling me where is the leaks could help... To you too, read description well instead of just showing off.

Well maybe you can read rules first before uploading maps here!
Sry if I was 2 hard on ya, there is 2 many other ways to send that to your friend, you must understand that this place is here only for finished (and good) maps, all else will be rejected!

For the millionth time! this is not a map to be played! This is a template to help people for a specific thing! It was made for someone (not my friend!) I also liked to share to those who needs it like, BattleMaster1.

If you'd care to click on the spell section, then click on types you will notice the word 'systems' there are about 200 systems in there I beleive.
I'm not at all showing off, what makes you think that?

Also I assumed you would know what leaks where and what not since I noticed your leak removals (although the use of regions can be considered a bit dodgy) so that you would be able to tell that these kind of functions:
  • Wait 1.50 seconds
Destroy MPI/MUI therefore would break the rules in the spell section.
and that this:
  • Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Would also destroy MPI/MUI capabilities.
I cba to explain everything, I'm not exactly what you'd call a healthy person.
It is also very late here.

Anyway moving on, you need to make this MPI for it to be accepted at the hive, you stand minimal chances of your system being excepted right now.

Also I don't understand at what point I 'made fun of you' as you put it - making fun of someone is the last thing I'd ever do, I have a very strong past which prevents me from doing such things in hope that I won't turn into the kind of people who made me suffer.

Level 31
you make 100% no sense,

this shows you what to do, that is what a template it for,

for the trigger that is on the map,

No, it isn't.

Template are a map with well develop terrain along with the basic trigger setup for non-melee map that are ready to be develop into an complete beta stage map. For example, an arena map with duel timer, hero selection system and so on.

While Terrain are refer to map with well develop terrain, but without basic trigger setup for non-melee map. That is why the category type was known as Template/Terrain.

In other word, they are an map that can be consider to be at beta stage when it comes to terrain, but at alpha stage when it comes to trigger and object editor.

I thought templates are just to get the triggers in them and use them on your maps?

You got a wrong idea and definition for Templates. What you refer to was actually referring to System & Spells, not Template.

You could've just asked from the beginning instead of absuing and making fun of me

He isn't poking fun or neither abuse you. He just being brutally honest, that's all. If he indeed doing an unacceptable action, the staff would took action against him before more damage could be done.

Though I do not have to "improve" any terraining, I cannot see it in any of the "Hive Rules"..

You obviously neglect this sentences or you don't understand this sentence.

Completion
All maps must be close enough to completion to allow for a good experience by the player. This does not limit beta maps that are near completion, but does limit alpha and other under construction maps that are not significantly playable.

In this case of yours, you doesn't work hard enough at it.

It took me a work of more than 10 hours of thinking what to do/put and how to improve it.

If it really took you 10 hours to work on it, then you seriously need an tutorial lesson.

I have done this template for Sinder and those who needs something of this type.

Nothing personal, but this sort of system or setup of yours was way too inefficient to be used. Anybody who used it like sailing across the globe with leaky boat.

1) I can't understand how can moving and entering battles is a type of a "Spell"...

They are called system. That is why we have an system category at spells section as well.

2) This is made to help some people that are not pros like "you" who can make this in 10 seconds.

This is not a matter of pro and noob, but the matter of efficiency. Nobody going to use an resources with serious fundemental flaw within it as they knew trouble would be brewing later on.

3) Oh dear god, I'm fed of u and ur kinds, just keep on teasing people and make fun of them. Maybe telling me where is the leaks could help... To you too, read description well instead of just showing off.

To be honest, he isn't showing off. Some of the issues he mention like memory leak was an basic issues that any amateur mapper knew about it and hardly need an discussion about it especially when it was way too obvious (In this case of yours, it was way too obvious).

You are most likely newbie since you did't know the proper solution to something as trivia as this.

One of the leak was location leak that you got to remove. You got to store the location into variable and use custom script to remove it.

Set Location = Position of X
Create unit at Location with facing of default building.
RemoveLocation (udg_Location)

You got to something like this.

For the millionth time! this is not a map to be played! This is a template to help people for a specific thing! It was made for someone (not my friend!) I also liked to share to those who needs it like, BattleMaster1.

We have a section called as pastebin where you can upload as many resources as you like for your friends. Map section are not section for you to upload resources for your friend. In this case of yours, you neglect to read the rules.

Use
The maps section should not be used as a pastebin or testing area, but rather for map distribution. If you wish for an advertising, testing, and more public place for early stages of your map, please use the Map Development forum.

In case you are saying you are distributing it just like how it should be; you are wrong cause map section was for distributing to the public and not friends only.

I would request the mod to have this map rejected as I see no purpose for it to be here at this moment due to the unacceptable quality and rules violation.

Level 6
CWeener's Review {UN-Protected maps} V3.00 Review # 17

Reviewing the map "Random Encountering"

Rating System (in weener points:)

1-10 Originality (Is this your work? Is it original? (are there maps like it?))
1-10 Replayability (discounted for most cinematics*)
1-10 Triggering (discounted for protected maps*)
1-10 Terraining (tile placement, doodad/destructable placement, lighting, sounds, fog(s), hills.)
1-10 Object Managing (custom items and destructibles etc...)
1-10 Spells (if applies**)
1-10 Description (On THW)
1-15 Engaging (fun to play or requires you to pay attention)
1-15 Misc (size, system implementation, laginess etc...)
-100 or +100 for abiding by THW rules.
* = when one is discounted then other sections maximums are raised, and those sections are judged harder (if your map applies then it will show you what i raised later)
** = some maps dont really need spells so this section is discounted and given an automatic 10.
Rating System Scores

Less than 100 = FF- (Reported, You clearly didnt abide by all of the posting rules, and I have reported you for (not) doing so.)
100-150 Points = F- (Rancid, and Needs major work. Vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
151-160 Points = F (Bad, and Needs work. vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
161-170 Points = D (Below Average, and Needs much updating. has potential. vote for rejection* and no +rep.)
171-180 Points = C (Okay, but Needs updates. Has potential. Vote for rejection* and no +rep.)
181-190 Points = B (Good, but still not reaching full potential vote for approval but no +rep)
191-199 Points = A (Great and probably has reached full potential**. good job. vote for approval and +rep.)
200 Points = A+ (Amazing, you did everything right and went all out, approval and +rep)

* = depending on the map really, and what categories it scored low in
** = not always but most cases.
Random Encountering

1-10 Originality *10* Congrats. I have never seen anything so pointless.
1-10 Replayability *0* Gets boring on first play.
1-10 Terraining *0* I almost had a heart attack.
1-10 Triggering *2* You had leaks. (about 7 per random event)
1-10 Object Managing *5* Some work was done, but not all of it good.
1-10 Spells *0* Default blizzard spell with new names.
1-10 Description *1* You gave almost the neseccary information.
1-15 Engaging *0* Got boring on first play, Terrain made me choke, No custom stuff at all.
1-15 Misc *12* Your random "system" leaked. Size was good (obviously), No lag, (obviously)
-100 or 100 Rules *-100* Reported
0-200 All-in-all *30* C FF- (Reported, You clearly didnt abide by all of the posting rules, and I have reported you for (not) doing so.)

Author's Note,

Templates are all about terrain, and some are about triggers as well. None are about only triggers, if you made this for somebody else, then don't post it here. Go laugh at how bad it is somewhere else.
Bugs:
You can't see the harpies when they attack, and only one hero could attack them.

Recommendations:
Delete the map. Now.

[liked]

The only thing I like about this map, was making this review that showed how bad your map was.

[disliked]
Everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If any map I've reviewed has been updated, feel free the ask me to re-review it. or if I haven't reviewed YOUR map, feel free to ask me. :)

Level 7
1) This was the first upload from me, I have never ever uploaded anything in any websites.
2) I will make better terrain if you wait for it. ^^
3) I'll try to fix those triggers and that Harpy thing.
4) I didn't want to upload this really, I really didn't care, I just thought maybe this would help some people who needs this type of "System". I didn't know that I would get all of this negative comments about my map, otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded it in the first place.

Level 31
4) I didn't want to upload this really, I really didn't care, I just thought maybe this would help some people who needs this type of "System". I didn't know that I would get all of this negative comments about my map, otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded it in the first place.

The problem with you is

1) You do not read the rules and try to understand how everything proceed over here.

2) You did't not put in sufficient test into your system and neither getting feedback from anybody who have much experience in trigger & scripting field and this resulting into inferior work.

3) You just want to help people. Although it was a good intention, but you never think if you have the sufficient knowledge to assist a person; that is as good as trying to rescue an drowning person without the knowledge of swimming.

We are not here to bash you, but this site have quality control when it comes into resources and the quality control are much strict in comparison to 4-5 years ago. If there is no restriction, this section would be flooded with shit just like what happen at epicwar.com

In the end, it have nothing differ in comparison with epicwar.com if such an situation was allowed. To top up with, we point out the flaw of your work so you could improve yourself. If we seriously wanted to troll or hate you, we don't even bother to give you an link to tutorial and neither pointing an flaw of your work; we would just ignore it and give the link to moderator to have it directly rejected.

Level 7
The problem with you is

1) You do not read the rules and try to understand how everything proceed over here.

2) You did't not put in sufficient test into your system and neither getting feedback from anybody who have much experience in trigger & scripting field and this resulting into inferior work.

3) You just want to help people. Although it was a good intention, but you never think if you have the sufficient knowledge to assist a person; that is as good as trying to rescue an drowning person without the knowledge of swimming.

We are not here to bash you, but this site have quality control when it comes into resources and the quality control are much strict in comparison to 4-5 years ago. If there is no restriction, this section would be flooded with shit just like what happen at epicwar.com

In the end, it have nothing differ in comparison with epicwar.com if such an situation was allowed. To top up with, we point out the flaw of your work so you could improve yourself. If we seriously wanted to troll or hate you, we don't even bother to give you an link to tutorial and neither pointing an flaw of your work; we would just ignore it and give the link to moderator to have it directly rejected.

^^ You are right and I totally agree with you.
I'm sorry if I have caused any trouble(s).

Level 7
Next time make a thread/upload to spells section/paste in pastebin your maps that you need just to show to one person or to show your system.

This is for working maps or at least great terrain templates only!

tleno, stop copy criticizing me over what other people have already said, what over I have improved the terrain and almost done with fixing triggers. -.-

When I finish I shall update the map.

-Edit- I have updated the map, everything works fine except for the Revive ability, I'll try to fix it later as I got to go for now.

Changes done to map:
Improved Terrain by much.
Less chance for heroes to die.
Fixed any leakage known by me and/or pointed out.
Added "Level Up" Floating text when hero levels.
Lowered chance of Encountering a Battle.
Improved Camera View during Battle.
Added Fountains which regenerates HP only.

If you find any more bugs inform me, do not critisize please, thank you.

May a moderator move this map from "Maps" section to "Spells" section.

Last edited: