• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ramadan Kareem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, UAE? I was there back in 2010, it was really awesome.
My cousins live there, and they come here during the summer every year,
but they didn't come this year because Ramadan came too early (They return
back to Dubai before Ramadan because my aunt has this business of hers that
she needs to manage throughout Ramadan due to the large amount of sales, lol)

Have a nice time in UAE ^_^

edit
Fasting today wasn't as hard as I expected it to be despite the fact that the sun sets around 8 :p
It's going to be a pretty easy month ^.^

^Australia's population actually amazes me, I mean, there are more people in Australia that have my last name than the number of people with that last name in the Middle East.
That's actually very impressive considering the fact that my ancestors lived in Morocco :eek:

Wanna know a fun fact about Fasting in Dubai?

If you're above the 80th floor in the Burj Khalifa, you have to wait 2-3 minutes longer before you can eat.
That building is so high, you can actually see a totally different sunset when you move to the top!

Level 16
Another example is Mecca being for Muslims only...except that Abraham is supposedly buried there.
NO. You just have to follow the local clothing tradition. And it wasn't Abraham's cemetery that's in Mecca. It's his foothold to place the stones of the Ka'bah. However, it IS called 'Maqam Ibrahim' and in some the languages the word for burial ground is similar to Maqam. So yeah.

Anyways, happy fasting you guys who do!

Status
Not open for further replies.