• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Raising pathing textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone. I have a pretty serious issue with my map.
I'm trying to make a tree-top village with wooden boards (which i'm using as the "hovering" floor). Now the problem comes in when i raise the boards... the pathing texture stays on the ground and units cannot walk or be placed on the board... they stand instead underneath.

I've tried...
  • Creating a destructible with the wooden boards model and making it walkable. :carr: The unit just walks on the ground.
  • Doing the above with a pathing texture that fits the board perfectly (i used the large power circle) :carr: Same as above.
  • Creating a doodad with the model and pathing texture and raising it. Then attempting to put invisible platforms underneath. :carr: The pathing texture for the invisible platforms also stays on the ground so the unit just walks along underneath the board and the invisible platforms.
  • Same as above without pathing texture. :carr: Same as above.

The only thing left is to raise the ground under the platforms... if i have to resort to this i'd rather just leave the tree top village out of my map.

Level 25
Here is what I recommend:
  • Make the wooden board model as a doodad (Not destructable) with pathing set to "NONE", and place the boards first at where ever you want to put them. If they're elevated and want to make them as stairs or a bridge, do that and then you need to give them the pathing part.

The pathing I am talking about is called "Invisible Platform". Place them on the wooden boards and elevate them to the same level the boards are. This will form a bridge/staircase eventually once you are done and units can walk up it. I advise that afterwards you place pathing blockers around the staircase except the entry and exit of the staircase, that way it doesn't instantly place the unit from the middle of the stair case to the ground.
    ~Craka_J

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

Ya you can, its the only way for walkable walls :p I use them all the time. and yes it does change the heigh at wich the unit goes.

Level 25
You can elevate invisible platforms. Click them in the World Editor and then do the following:

Hold Ctrl and press either Page Up to raise the platform, or Page down to lower it. Let go of Ctrl when you're done raising/lowering.

Invisible platforms are walkable no matter where they are, even on cliffs and water. But here's how they work and what you gotta look out for:

If you elevate a invisible platform about 20 feet above the ground, and a unit walks onto that area where the invisible platform was placed and raised at, the unit will go from the ground level, to instantly appearing where the high invisible platform is. So one way to avoid this when making things such as stair cases is placing pathing-blockers around the invisible platform path that way units from the sides don't accidently go on it and look retarded when they go on it.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Maybe you could change the keys that allow you to raise the doodads. Change it to something you have.

Level 9
Actually they do. They appear as little purple and black checkered boxes. To enable whether you see them or not in the editor, you must press I.
~Craka_J

No I was talking about units showing up on their proper pathing levels. The editor dosen't detect wether or not something is walkable with some exceptions (bridges and ramps it would seem).

Level 2
Actually i tested it out and u can place it on the invisible platforms in the editor... Kind of. U just have'ta place them on the ground directly underneath where u want them 2 stand on the platform. In game they are on the raised level.

Status
Not open for further replies.