• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Raising entire map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone,
i have a little problem with a map.

What i did:
In the early phase of the map i wanted to make a map nearly without the cliff-stuff and just make hills etc. with the height tools.
I already made some stuff on the map and didn´t wanted to copy much stuff so i tryed to lower the cliff to "flood" the entire map. Yes it was quite stupid and looked a bit weird but with some work it was possible to make the map look good enough in my opinion.

The problem:
For now the map works but the problem is the following:
When parts of the map are below a special level then the shadow of this unit looks quite strange
upload_2018-6-13_16-15-21.png

As the picture shows the shadow is over the unit.

What i think could be a solution:
Raising the entire map.
I tryed to add some cliff levels but this didn´t changed anything.
What i´d like to do is to raise the entire map using these tools:
upload_2018-6-13_16-17-14.png

But i don´t know if / how it is possible to use it on the entire map. For now i didn´t found anything on the internet. (I read something about heightmaps but i am not sure if this can help)

Generally it doesn´t seem to affect the gameplay but i´d like to change it looking at least some sort of normal.

Thanks for any help.

Level 21
Why not simply use the plateau tool with size 6 brush, starting from the terrain height you want?
This shouldn't take too long to cover the map, 480x480 probably some minutes.

Level 14
Try: Advanced > Adjust Cliff Levels.
One cliff level is 128 in the z axis.

Though I think it's not a problem of cliff level (as you seem to have tried that). You need to recalculate the shadows as other have pointed out.
Be wary, as this process can take a long time and I suggest downloading the tool in the tools section so you can speed it up greatly.

Level 5
i might be a bit late with the answer but i just took a look at the map and Light had the solution: it is only a bug in the editor.
So: maybe i try the other stuff but it is no problem at the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.