• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Raising Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
As it has already been mentioned:

Ctrl + Page Up = Raise Doodad
Ctrl + Page Down = Lower Doodad

And if you want a doodad standing on another make sure they have "Pathing - Pathing Texture: Mushroom" on at least one of them.

Level 4
It doesn't work

But, I can't making my doodad to fly.

I make a doodad with/without a pathing thing, and then press Ctrl + Page Up and it doesn't work... :emote_sleepy: :emote_surprised: :emote_mad:

Level 13
Ok. First start off with making a doodad and set its pathing to zero. Then place the doodad on the map. Now select the doodad and hold down the "Ctrl" key. While holding down the "Ctrl" key press "Page Up". This should raise the doodad very slightly. If you hold down the "Page Up" key while the "Ctrl" key is held down it will raise the doodad until you let off the page up key. This doesnt always work with destructables and it wont work with units.
Also, make sure you have the Fixed Object Heights option unselected. This property of the World Editor can be changed by going to Advanced -> Reset Fixed Object Heights and clicking it so the checkmark to the left disappears. This will allow you to move the doodad while it is suspended in the air.

Level 9
bjartmar, hold the buttons in for a noticeable effect. Just pressing both once doesn't really make much of a difference.

Level 4
Darkey, I held both in, but i didn't select a doodad, that was the part of it all, that i misunderstood

Status
Not open for further replies.