• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rain in Ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Allright here we go again, seems that I simply have
too much free time :xxd:.
Inspired by oGre_´s terrains and especially by the map Refuge in Ruins, which
models I used to create this terrain.
Hope you enjoy the Rainy Ruins Theme!

Attachments

• Rain in Ruins.jpg
    Rain in Ruins.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 1,688
  • RainInRuinsUpdate.jpg
    RainInRuinsUpdate.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,582
Last edited:
Level 6
I am still not finished with the background good that you mentioned it.
And the doodads are from xgm, to be specific from oGre_s Refuge in Ruins map found on xgm.
Here is the link to the map: http://xgm.ru/p/wc3/9612

Level 36
Not bad, not bad at all. But I would advice to thin out that fog somewhat to make it less dense in the distance, and at the same time add a layer or two of mountains in then background behind those hills as Oziris suggested. You might want to consider making the front of your terrain a little more interesting too, its a sad thing that whenever someone uses Ogre's map, considering what a great job he did, you should do something that differ VERY much from his style, elsewise it looks much like a poor copy of it, not nessecarily saying yours does, but you might want to make it a little more interesting ;)

Level 6
Like the mini waterfalls on the arch a lot :thumbs_up:
's got great atmosphere and the positioning of the camera is perfect.
May want to trim the top part of the screenshot, we can see the start of the rain (and area of no rain above it).

Edit: Oh, not sure about size of trees in background, i imagined them smaller, but depends on the elevation in the background ;)

Level 11
add some light to the campfire and maybe some orange glow near it
and whats with that arch in the background..it looks kinda weird

Level 3
It is nice and it somhow reminds me of Lord of the rings (dunno how xD) yet im not able to give you advice since evrything is pointed out allready :p

You are thinking of the scenes after the orcs have sieged the wall and are deep inside and the alliance are fighting against the flying dragon like thing

Level 6
Updated Pic

Here is the updated pic, think I´ve integrated every suggestion. Thanks to all so far...
Regarding Lord of the Rings, I think it looks more like the weathertop also known as Amon Sûl, where Frodo got hurt by one of the Nazgûl.

Attachments

• Rain in Ruins - update.jpg
    Rain in Ruins - update.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 1,476
Status
Not open for further replies.