• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ragnarok PvP Izlude v1.7

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ragnarok PvP Izlude
Map Description
Well, this map has finally completed. In fact, I'm quite proud of this map I made. This map is based on the PvP Arena of Ragnarok Online, people who loved playing Ragnarok Online must play this map and the ones that have never played before too can try playing this. This map is inspired by Ragnarok Online and also Valkemiere's Ragnarok PvP Prontera.

Featuring-:
*Ragnarok PvP Feelings
*Ragnarok Sound Effects
*Ragnarok Gaming Effects
*Ragnarok Terrain

Enjoy ~
Credits
Ribenamania
General Frank
JetFangInferno
SinisterX
Protection
This file is protected.
Versions
v1.7
- Added sound on player enter arena
- Reduced detecting skill cooldown & mana
- Increased attack speed boost of adrenaline rush
- Fixed floating text bugs
- Fixed some skills
- Disabled hunter auto attack

v1.6
- Fixed some respawn stuck location
- Fixed hammerfall effect
- Fixed high priest resurrection condition
- Fixed frost/stun condition
- Reduced double strafing cooldown

v1.5b - Fixed gold bug

v1.5
- Reduced lag and fixed bugs
- Fixed some spell timing problem
- Fixed item icons
- Removed chat system

v1.4b - Fixed floating text bugs

v1.4
- Added new character [Paladin]
- Changed spear boomerang effect
- Added new item [Yggdrasil Leaf]
- Added chat system

v1.3
- Added new character [Stalker]
- Removed DamageTextDialog due to request

v1.2
-Fixed party system bug
-Added new command -repick

v1.1b - Fixed respawn bug

v1.1
- Some typo errors fixed
- Item gold cost and charges manipulated
- Character rebalanced
- Added party system [F9 for information]
- Skill added cooldown

v1.0
- Units are invulnerable in respawn area
- Back sliding bug fixed
- Credits added [F9]
- Units don't die too easily now
- Unit cannot cast spells when frozen now
- Damage text can be disable now

vBETAb - Map uploaded

vBETA - PrivateVersion, tested with public
Keywords:
ragnarok, pvp, player, versus, skill, slash, hack, izlude, RO, online, arena
Contents

Ragnarok PvP Izlude v1.7 (Map)

Reviews
15:34, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Okay, I'm back from school =] wootz, so many post. Took some time reading it, and I realized you guys don't understand stuff -.-

Septimus isn't acting high, about the map size stuff. Let me tell you something, one that doesn't need to do something, he wouldn't learn it. Septimus has not experienced any map size problem so he never learn how to change map bounds.

Me and Septimus hasn't flame nor troll nor abuse any, but you people are flaming like -.- full of badwords and so on. Check out the bottom one =]

OMGWTF, Malaysian Government = Malaysian, like to steal many culture, art and even territory!

Complete Offence, it could cause a big big war if the whole matter isn't just a map.

The game concept is practically from Ragnarok Online, so we should credit Ragnarok Online instead of Valkremiere. I started the map with valkremiere, or should I say I asked valkremiere "Shall we remake Ragnarok PvP Izlude?". He said "yes" and I started to do stuff *FROM SCRATCH*. The reason valkremiere has the maps I did is because I'm showing him my works. I'm very sucky at triggering that time so the coding are shits. And I recall, valkremiere did nothing, he's busy making Dynasty Warrior with his dear little friend.

Saying a code is bad doesn't flame.. let me tell you what is flaming..

KingB00ker said:
Still, Septimus the feature mentioned by Doos is very well known,
even n00bz know that.
Basically, I only want Ribemania add Valkemiere's name on credit
and the loser in this thread stop posting.

KingB00ker said:
Sorry Septimus, I will frankly say that you suck.

I wouldn't list them all out since it'll probably take the whole page to list you guys' fire =.=

The spells aren't the same as valkremiere, it may look the same because it looks the same as Ragnarok Online instead of Ragnarok PvP Prontera. The way you trigger storm gust and so on aren't the same as mine. I don't really know why u made two triggers to do looping instead of using a loop action.

1. He said its not his spell :thumbs_down:
2. Its an old map, and you take sample from almost-one-years-old map? lol
Yes he said its not his spell so Septimus showed evidence to show it is his spell. What's the problem for getting the sample from almost-one-year-old? =.=

I got some snacks again, guys act smart please -.- I'm trying not to get you all banned and shameful.

Even the way I make my terrain is way different than valkremiere's -.-

I know ur right, its his own right to do it. However, double crossing someone pisses us off. So he'll have to suffer the consequences until he atleast acknowledge it was all Valkemiere's concept.

Ur map rating is 2.56, I rate your map 1/5 and this is not against any THW rules because its my opinion that your map was Valkemiere's concept. Besides that the gameplay is bad and terrain needs work. It deserves a 1/5.

This is what happen to cheaters. It doesn't happen to any other maps, you can clearly browse other maps and see that they have a normal discussion with normal rating. You should know that if you're making a map you have to please everyone so that your map becomes popular. Cheating does not please "everyone".

Oh and about the map size. Any mapmaker should know map size can be resized.

It isn't against the rule to rate a map but it is against the rule to offend someone. It is very obvious that your rating isn't the rating for the map but for your own look on me. The most hilarious thing is, you said "Besides that the gameplay is bad and terrain needs work." If this is true, Ragnarok PvP Prontera rocks =D And I repeat to you, the concept is Ragnarok Online's, not valkremiere's.

Lastly, please show evidence instead of an empty bottle. Don't be offended once again and please, give evidence..

Level 4
Septimus isn't acting high, about the map size stuff.

You dont read it Malingsian :D He acted high in many post, like "You seem dont know blablablabla" just like his map is good :|

Septimus has not experienced any map size problem so he never learn how to change map bounds.

It means he doesnt have enough experience.

Me and Septimus hasn't flame nor troll nor abuse any, but you people are flaming like -.- full of badwords and so on. Check out the bottom one =]

Plagiarism and cheating is far worse, just like wolf in sheep's cloth and backstabber.

The game concept is practically from Ragnarok Online, so we should credit Ragnarok Online instead of Valkremiere.

Spell

I started the map with valkremiere, or should I say I asked valkremiere "Shall we remake Ragnarok PvP Izlude?". He said "yes" and I started to do stuff *FROM SCRATCH*. The reason valkremiere has the maps I did is because I'm showing him my works. I'm very sucky at triggering that time so the coding are shits. And I recall, valkremiere did nothing, he's busy making Dynasty Warrior with his dear little friend.

It's showing that you are STEALING his spells! :thumbs_down:

Yes he said its not his spell so Septimus showed evidence to show it is his spell. What's the problem for getting the sample from almost-one-year-old? =.=

His spell has already evolved.

You dont read it Malingsian :D He acted high in many post, like "You seem dont know blablablabla" just like his map is good :|

Perasan...

It means he doesnt have enough experience.

Well, you can say it in the other way. He's way too experience to make a map that has insufficient map size.

Plagiarism and cheating is far worse, just like wolf in sheep's cloth and backstabber.

Too bad I didn't.

So the spells aren't ragnarok online's concept.. ooo

It's showing that you are STEALING his spells! :thumbs_down:

Read properly, even the shitty codings are from me...

His spell has already evolved.

So? -.- Septimus is just showing the code is from him.

Level 4
Well, you can say it in the other way. He's way too experience to make a map that has insufficient map size.

Seeing his map is just some cinematic, melee, and mini games.

Too bad I didn't.

You did, just like many Malingsian who steal territory, wood, culture, etc

You steal his script, etc. Stealing from 1 author is plagiarism.

Rly?

1. he said its not his spell
2. what i mean is the way he created spell should have changed after 1 years

Level 10
Perasan...

Too bad I didn't.

LOL, finally the thieve revealed himself.

He's too experienced to make a map that has insufficient map size?
Well, people must know WHAT TO DO when earth quake happens,
although they have never experienced earth quake.

Too bad you did

So you copy the spells.. ooo

Lol, you ruined valkemiere's map by creating a shitty coding.

Lol, the spell has already evolved.
The way you said it just like judging a map (for example: this map)
and later say: "Oh this map contains nothing",
because you see the first version of the map,
an empty map with empty terrain.

=.= okay let's sum up, no more arguements.. I'm really exhausted in defending myself. I'll end the discussion in speed.

I didn't steal his script...
I didn't steal a thing from him...
The concept is of Ragnarok Online's

Do not post any reply unless you can find any evidence of me stealing his script.

Do not post:
a) Rly?
b) You stole his script!
c) Stealer!
d) Cheater!
e) Give him credits!
f) He made the map and u stole it!

Well, you can if you have evidences. Remember, evidence.

Level 13
I started the map with valkremiere, or should I say I asked valkremiere "Shall we remake Ragnarok PvP Izlude?". He said "yes" and I started to do stuff *FROM SCRATCH*. The reason valkremiere has the maps I did is because I'm showing him my works. I'm very sucky at triggering that time so the coding are shits. And I recall, valkremiere did nothing, he's busy making Dynasty Warrior with his dear little friend.
Saying a code is bad doesn't flam

i know you remake it. you showing your work. but you still use old job spells which done by me.

i hv told you before. you remake it. from what? from sky?

KingB00ker said:
LOL, finally the thieve revealed himself.

He's too experienced to make a map that has insufficient map size?
Well, people must know WHAT TO DO when earth quake happens,
although they have never experienced earth quake.

Too bad you did

So you copy the spells.. ooo

Lol, you ruined valkemiere's map by creating a shitty coding.

Lol, the spell has already evolved.
The way you said it just like judging a map (for example: this map)
and later say: "Oh this map contains nothing",
because you see the first version of the map,
an empty map with empty terrain.

Mapping isn't earth quake, quite simple. -.-
Yes I copied ragnarok's spell, or should I say concept? -.-
I didn't ruin valkemiere's map, I ruined my own map. -.-

=.= okay let's sum up, no more arguements.. I'm really exhausted in defending myself. I'll end the discussion in speed.

I didn't steal his script...
I didn't steal a thing from him...
The concept is of Ragnarok Online's

Do not post any reply unless you can find any evidence of me stealing his script.

Do not post:
a) Rly?
b) You stole his script!
c) Stealer!
d) Cheater!
e) Give him credits!
f) He made the map and u stole it!

Well, you can if you have evidences. Remember, evidence.

Okay i'm gonna quote what I just said.

Level 2
I'm borrowing this ID for a while because it takes 100 years for my post to show because I just registered, thank God for HW forums!

anyways, copypasta what I wrote:

I look at all this in a neutral point of view.

The situation is: both of them worked, then one of them stopped doing it and then the other guy, without permission or acknowledging the other guy, starts making another map based off the same thing.

Now in theory, if they have never worked together in the first place, this map wouldn't even exist.

So in that regard I ask you to acknowledge your influence off of working with Valkemiere. DotA came from an original idea OFF OF A GENRE, so it acknowledges that it is an AoS game by itself.

Sure they're scripted differently and they're both based off RO and all that but first of all, since I've never played it, are their effects the same? See it is 2 different things to convert GUI -> JASS and take a spell based off GUI to make a spell using JASS so your reasons are still invalid.

There is one undeniable fact that both of you worked together and thus inspired you to make this map, in that respect, without Valkemiere and your collaborations, I am willing to bet that you would never have thought of making this map. Influences deserve to be mentioned as I've seen lots of them being mentioned in different maps.

I only recommend you mention his name as it was HIM who led you to making this map, otherwise, happy flaming all of you :D

Thus in conclusion, without your collaboration with him, this map would never even have existed as this idea would not genuinely cross your mind if not for this.

2nd tl;dr post that did not come out for hours:

Steps to galactical epic fail:

1. Someone defends their opinion
2. Counter-argument
3. Will not listen and deny it all day long
3a. Pride persists
4. ???
5 PROFIT!!!

Look, all of us (except some) are just plugging our fingers into our ears and screaming,"LALALALALA I CANT HEAR U!11!" if we do this. At least concede something for God's sake.

I acknowledge that this map is much improved, better JASS scripting, less memory leak, better terrained and all that but I do not agree this is all his doing. Sure it was influenced by RO but with that said, the first person to get his attention was Valkemiere.

For example if there was a Naruto-based map that someone made by himself from start to finish, the theme itself would be a tribute to its main influence, Naruto itself, but on the other hand this map only existed because of 2 things: the existence of RO itself and your collaboration with Valkemiere, which started your way and idea to doing this map.

After you did it with him and he quit it (if I'm right on that statement), you would think that this concept is quite good and you plan to improve it right? Well this concept was first established by Valkemiere and YOU inherited this idea as well, so it's pretty unfair to not mention that. You did it, he quit and you thought,"Hey this is a pretty good map, I should improve it even if I start it off from scratch again!"

If you fail to see my logic, then you fail at arguments thus you fail at posting on a forum.

So far I have not seen any truly valid reasons from either side, no evidence that truly states whether side is right but I still say you should at least mention him since he is your influence (along with the RO game itself)

Level 2
I got nothing to say, too tired. Keep saying the same thing over and over again.

Read my post Mr. Elitist, I even BORROWED someone's ID to state my opinions. That and I WAS UNBIASED. Look I even gave you the gift of proper grammar and spelling if unbiasness wasn't enough

LudwigVonDrake, BobMartin is way smarter than you.
I have an off topic question, how old are you. =.=

Okay, let's stop flaming. And BobMartin, you agree they rate my map 1/5 on purpose too, do you? And yes, this map could be said inspired by Valkemiere but majorly it's because me myself is a fan of RO too, to mention.. RO is the first MMORPG I played. And I really, didn't use a single thing from Valkemiere. Seriously...

Level 2
And yes, this map could be said inspired by Valkemiere

This statement is enough for me, now it's up to you whether or not to include that name into the credits as a 'contributor' or an 'influence' or not. If you pick the latter then flame will come your way -_-

This statement is enough for me, now it's up to you whether or not to include that name into the credits as a 'contributor' or an 'influence' or not. If you pick the latter then flame will come your way -_-

I'll write his name over there but I'm not admitting that I stole his stuff. The fact is I didn't really steal his thing. And also, not writing one inspired one in making a map isn't wrong too. The flame you guys did is in fact unnecessary and also in fact, I did say that valkemiere inspired me at first. Thanks, you're way mature than your friends.

Level 2
I'll write his name over there but I'm not admitting that I stole his stuff. The fact is I didn't really steal his thing. And also, not writing one inspired one in making a map isn't wrong too. The flame you guys did is in fact unnecessary and also in fact, I did say that valkemiere inspired me at first. Thanks, you're way mature than your friends.

That's fine by me but I don't know what Valkemiere will say. As long as he gets at least some credit for it I'm done trying and ty for positive response

Level 2
Lesson learned. Always tell the guy you worked with on the same map that you're doing a map similar to that map and clear things up first before you make it. Either that or credit him for stuff in the first post because at first it seemed like you didn't admit you got it from him or anything, just 'worked with'.

Level 12
Just my 2 cents.

Your arrogance walks parallel to your downfall.

This wouldn't have happened if you'd simply just put a line that says "inspired by Valkemiere" from the beginning he asked. atleast this would respect him.

The whole issue was about ethics and its unethical to double cross, if things like this happen than whats trust for if people cheat on trust?

Ok, have fun developing this map.

Just my 2 cents.

Your arrogance walks parallel to your downfall.

This wouldn't have happened if you'd simply just put a line that says "inspired by Valkemiere" from the beginning he asked. atleast this would respect him.

The whole issue was about ethics and its unethical to double cross, if things like this happen than whats trust for if people cheat on trust?

Ok, have fun developing this map.

You guys shouldn't flame even thou I didn't write a "inspired by Valkemiere". There are plenty of maps out there inspired by something. Such as a Tower Defense game. Who invented the first Tower Defense map? And when there's the second one, did the second map wrote "inspired by First Tower Defense Map"? Flaming is forever not tolerance, you guys even did racist things.

KsatriaKOPI said:
hmm....icons realy bad and the terrain too simple, i dont like it...

Yeah, this map can be said 99% same as the actual MMORPG. For Ragnarok Online fans, they love this map a lot. But for the non-fans, people saying it's bad is quite common so I'm trying to get more fun-factor into the map.

Can any admin or moderator reset the map thread's post and rating? It's obviously ruined.

Level 1
Yeah, this map can be said 99% same as the actual MMORPG. For Ragnarok Online fans, they love this map a lot. But for the non-fans, people saying it's bad is quite common so I'm trying to get more fun-factor into the map.

maybe u should first start to insert all the missing transcend jobs(clown/gypsy, professor etc.).
after that...hm...

maybe the characters should start at lvl 50 instead of 99
so they have something to lvl up (most of the players just dont like it to get a hero which is already on max lvl...)
and add maybe some creeps/minibosses/mvps/events

OR

maybe try a new kind of arena(it would be proberly a new map):
u start as a novice lvl 1 and lvl up to get new jobs etc.
a big arena with enough creeps (porings and stronger stuff)
players like it to have more influence to a character.
if they already get a lvl99 hero its just boring to them(even if u can decide the stats its still not that great)

btw grats to 777 posts o.o

Level 1
woohh dude...u cheat ur own parther that's not cool dude.., i want give u 5/5 but u ar a cheater and a liar 1/5 for u, no hard feeling

Level 7
well first off Ribenamania i would just like to say i never played RO. that being said i really enjoy playing this map. i think everything for the most part is good how it is. although i dont like the starting at lvl 99. i agree with frozen about make it starting at lvl 1. or at the very least make different modes. that way people have the option of whether they want to start at 1 or 99.

Now that thats out of the way. seriously people who cares if this is based off someone elses map. I garuntee that 99% of the maps on WC3 are based off someone elses map. and of all the ones out today i would say 100% are. if you can find one that is TRULY origanal i will say im sry and give you rep. You wont be able to. not a single td game becuase guess what....first td was from SC. Alot of the first RPGs on wc3 were based off of....SC MAPS!!!!! and any that have come out today might have a different story line but OH GUESS WHAT..........SAME AS ALL THE OTHER ONES. so please b4 you flame someone about there map not giving credit to someone else who has already done it, ask yourself, when was the last time i played a truly origanal map?

Thank you for your time. And Ribenamania i give you a 4/5 GREAT MAP!

well first off Ribenamania i would just like to say i never played RO. that being said i really enjoy playing this map. i think everything for the most part is good how it is. although i dont like the starting at lvl 99. i agree with frozen about make it starting at lvl 1. or at the very least make different modes. that way people have the option of whether they want to start at 1 or 99.

Now that thats out of the way. seriously people who cares if this is based off someone elses map. I garuntee that 99% of the maps on WC3 are based off someone elses map. and of all the ones out today i would say 100% are. if you can find one that is TRULY origanal i will say im sry and give you rep. You wont be able to. not a single td game becuase guess what....first td was from SC. Alot of the first RPGs on wc3 were based off of....SC MAPS!!!!! and any that have come out today might have a different story line but OH GUESS WHAT..........SAME AS ALL THE OTHER ONES. so please b4 you flame someone about there map not giving credit to someone else who has already done it, ask yourself, when was the last time i played a truly origanal map?

Thank you for supporting T_T so touched. lol
I've planned for making the level to a lower one too, I'll give all skills some skill levels, have a save load system, mvp system, card system, equipments and so on =] Needs a lot of work. Done 2 MVP [GTB, Garm]

Level 7
well i really like this map so if you need any help testing(sry i cant do anything else) ide be more then willing to help! right now im testin out Chaos AoS for kyton but im always willing to help out someone else. Names shadowdonavan on US east!

Level 10

You know nothing, idiot.

You do not know how much effort has been put by valkemiere to create the map.

Or... maybe I should try editing one of your map without giving you credit,
truly you will feel worse than being flamed

So please, b4 you give opinion about someone, search more... elaborate detail about the case.

Level 7
Well lest see me and my friend created Nights of blood on SC. One person was the vampire and the others tried to fight him off. The longer the game went the stronger he got. So yeahlets see that sounds like.....VAMPIRISM but oh wait i dont see anywere credits to me and guess what NO ONE CARES.

Level 10
Well lest see me and my friend created Nights of blood on SC. One person was the vampire and the others tried to fight him off. The longer the game went the stronger he got. So yeahlets see that sounds like.....VAMPIRISM but oh wait i dont see anywere credits to me and guess what NO ONE CARES.

That's because you are doing different project, thus you create your own map.

But Ribemania and Valkemiere once did the same project (this project) together.
Please.. search more elaborate detail b4 you post anything, ok?

Level 1
umm im pretty new 2 thsi site but thiss maaap isss awwesoome =)) and please ur arguing is giving mee aa biiiig headache soo pls stop =S:sad::sad::cute::cute::cool::cool::xxd::xxd::ugly::ugly::confused::confused: