• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rage system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I want to do a rage system (or whatever you call it) on a hero like the ones who are in WoW, LoL for example. I wonder if I should use the mana bar or if I should use floating text and how i should use it. The hero will not regenerate rage because it will gain rage from attacking creeps, denying, lasthitting etc. The hero will use the rage for his abilities. I tried to use the mana bar but I had some problem with it because the mana regeneration.

Level 1
Yes, I've done that which is not a problem. But I don't want regeneration. The hero will only get rage of attacking. I'll use this hero in a PvP-map against "regular" heroes so I don't want any regeneration when he heals at the fountain etc. Some kinds of items are also a problem.

Level 11
You can save its rage value to a variable which is increased whenever you want the rage to increase and decreased whenever you want it to decrease, and use a periodic trigger to set rage to that amount - that way fountain/brilliance aura/mana burn/etc. won't effect it, because it will be periodically set to its intended value.

Level 1
Yes, thanks but when I pick up int-stats item, i still regenerate mana. How do i disable that? I can't set mana reg/int to 0 because we are also using "regular"-heroes in this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.