• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rage system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Working on a rage system for warriors in my map.
I think i have the gaining mana through damage and attacking, but i'm trying to figure out how I can give them the following:
-no passive mana regeneration
-exactly 100 mana (6 points in int is 90 mana, 7 points in int is 105)

That's pretty much it for now, may need something else further up the road.

Level 7
-no passive mana regeneration

Here is how you do it.

( Step 1 ) Open up the object editor ( F6 ) in the W3WE and go to "Stats - Mana Regeneration" and set it to "0" for every hero you use.

( Step 2 ) Open up the Advanced window ( located at the top of the W3WE ) and select Gameplay Canstants. Then check the "Use Custom Gameplay Constants" ( located at the top of the Gameplay Constants window ) and scroll down to "Hero Attributes - Mana Regen. Bonus per Intellige..." and set it to "0".

There we go, this should do it.:thumbs_up:

-exactly 100 mana (6 points in int is 90 mana, 7 points in int is 105)

Don't get what you mean by this, could you explain it a little better please?:confused:

Level 19
Stats - Maximum Mana or something in the OE should prevent it go over 100.

Mana regeneration should be triggered, or with ability that uses a negative value for mana regeneration (maybe the one from sobi mask?)

PS: Aww.. you can actually put a negative value in OE at "Stats - Mana Regeneration" making it -1 or something thats fits you.

OE = Object Editor.

Level 4
Stats - Maximum Mana or something in the OE should prevent it go over 100.

So, should I set Max Mana to 100? And what should the hero's Int be?

Mana regeneration should be triggered, or with ability that uses a negative value for mana regeneration (maybe the one from sobi mask?)

So, that begs the question of how I kill mana regeneration. Can I assume a trigger will let me?

PS: Aww.. you can actually put a negative value in OE at "Stats - Mana Regeneration" making it -1 or something thats fits you.

No, I can't. I've tried actually putting a '-' in there, and I tried hitting the down arrow several times, nothing.

EDIT:
Wait a minute, can't I just give the Warrior a passive ability like disease cloud (but it only affects him, and it kills mana) and then make a Vampiric Aura (but mana, not life) clone? Could that work?

Level 18
MortAr- said:
OE = Object Editor.

OE = Old English

Your "Mana Regeneration per Intelligence point" can be managed from Gameplay constants. Mana regeneration can be adjusted individually in the Object Editor. If you only want the boss to have 100 mana you could always use: SetUnitState( bossUnit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_MANA, 100 ).

Another way to ensure your boss unit has 100 mana is to set the "base mana" to 100 (such as MortAr- stated earlier) and then change the "Mana per Intelligence point" value to 0 in the gameplay constants.

If you want, you could trigger the entire thing, and not have to worry about intelligence or anything. Just have an integer counter that is updated every second to match the units' desired mana regeneration. The line of code I said before could be used to ensure the unit has 100 mana.

Level 4
This is easy fix WITHOUT triggers... Set the heroes Max Mana to 85, set his intellect to 1 and 0 per level. Then set his mana Regen to 0 OR -1 so he loses "rage" when hes not fighting. True it will go down during fights but if he is getting hit and attacking a lot it wont be noticeable. This should about do it. This is ALL done in the OBJECT EDITOR.

Reasoning: The reason for 85 max mana is because 1 int gives 15 mana. So 85+15=100.

NOTE: To put negative values you have to HOLD SHIFT + DOUBLE CLICK on the value. Then you can put it to negative.

Level 4
Thanks MortAr-, Berbanog, Melthal, Adiktuz, you've been a great help.

But, can I do all that without it having an effect on every other hero?

Level 4
Do what I did... It only effects that ONE hero. NOT the others. If you need me to better explain how to do it just tell me.

If you did a rage system in GUI it would be very hard to make non-specific. In other words you can't make the unit generic or player owned, only specific. also, you can't make the rage the damage taken only a random integer. like so.

• RAGE
    • Events
      • Unit - Raging Unit 0000 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of Raging Unit 0000 <gen> to ((Mana of Raging Unit 0000 <gen>) + (Random real number between 5.00 and 8.00))
I did the best that I can but this may not be what you wanted. It works like rage all the same.

oh you already answered it... musta missed that w/e doesn't matter.

Level 10
Hello,

This one worked for me fine... HOPE HELPED YOU. :grin:

• Rage System
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Warrior
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Attacked unit) to ((Mana of (Attacked unit)) + (Real((Integer A))))

Status
Not open for further replies.