• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

R hotkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to assign key R as a hotkey to a skill but it is whole time linked to the move command. How can I change it?

Level 2
Hmm it sounds complicated. What about hotkeys ZXCV? are they're used for something?

Hmm ZXCV are free at least for me. Will any1 have problems with hotkeys binded to ZXCV? (4 skills)

Level 2
I wanted to change it only for single map (multiplayer) not for whole game just for me lol

Level 26
Omg My_Bean :D - not everyone here is from England (etc.), I have move hotkey as 'R' too (I'm from Poland). Although, I have customized most of them myself.
The same goes to GUI scripts, I have to translate everything from pl into eng.

@Zufub What do you mean with last sentence? Changing keys in CustomKeys.txt is applied only to you but it will work for all the maps you gonna play (so basically in every game FOR YOU key 'R' is move). Other players have their own hotkeys. It is clear now, or you still don't understand what I'm talking to you?

Level 2
Spinnaker so we're both from same country :)

All time I wanted to change on ONE of my multiplayer map that hotkey for EVERY1 who is going to play this, not just for me. Do u understand? I don't need it right now. The map is for Polish players (maybe translate it into English) and i just needed four hotkeys. Best fitting for me are QWER but I took ZXCV.

Omg My_Bean :D - not everyone here is from England (etc.), I have move hotkey as 'R' too (I'm from Poland). Although, I have customized most of them myself.
The same goes to GUI scripts, I have to translate everything from pl into eng.

@Zufub What do you mean with last sentence? Changing keys in CustomKeys.txt is applied only to you but it will work for all the maps you gonna play (so basically in every game FOR YOU key 'R' is move). Other players have their own hotkeys. It is clear now, or you still don't understand what I'm talking to you?

OMG D:
Over 9000 people can't play my map >.< (QWER hotkeys)

They can, after customizing the file I've mentioned ealier. I wouldn't be good at dota (and in any other map) without changing hotkeys myself.

So OVER 9000 people have to change their hotkeys then :p

I never really knew people had to do this :/

Blizzard should've used the English hotkeys for all versions of wc3 to avoid this >.<

Level 26
Extract CommandStrings.txt from War3xLocal.mpq\Units. Search for [CmdMove]. Apparently, it is directly the first one at the top. Change the value of field Hotkey. Save and import the modified file in your map under Units\CommandStrings.txt again. Of course, this will also apply all other data located in this file, along with changing the tooltips and other hotkeys of these standard abilities.

Level 2
Thanks WaterKnight but furter on please read whole topic. It isn't so large so it should not hurt you. I don't want to be rude but I wrote: I don't need it anymore :> Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.