• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello Hive-Members, i cant find that fucking thing that called "notepad" in gmax... where at gmax can i find that.. please can anyone help me quick where i need to click? here screenshot, i will upload it if it work its my first model i want a wall for my map^^

EDIT: its not a joke i cant find anything about that only it says paste it in notepad, is that the text editor on my PC? or waht? damn please, my english isnt really good, i know waht i notepad means in my language but i cant find it in gmax, please help someone!

Attachments

• gmax.jpg
    gmax.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 95
Level 5
mhhh

okay thanks, can u say me waht that means as to notepad?

This will bring up a window with the MDL code in it. Open up an empty Notepad, then copy-n-paste the contents to notepad. There is some kind of bug or something that prevents you from selecting all code at once, so you must copy it piece by piece. DO NOT make a mistake here, or it might screw up the model. make sure you DON'T copy the comments at the beginning and the final line that says "Export successful". There is also an option named Write to Memory, but this is unimplemented in the current version of Dex' Exporter script.

copy of http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php

Level 5
Lol

LOL notepad is a damn programm, i found it and i will upload my model in next time, and i like it to make models it makes me much fun so u guys can hope for more work of me :p but i upload it in German Name, but keywords in english, so germans and english people can found it^^

Status
Not open for further replies.