• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDL to MDX converter (Yobgul) ARRRGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
-I made a model with gmax, following step by step the best tutorials I could find.

-I am using yobgul's file converter.

-I opened a notepad, stuffed the code from gmax inside, called it (...).mdl, and, hey, what do you know, it became an mdl file. At least, that's what it says.

-Then I wanted to 'LOAD FILE' (...).mdl in the converter (and YES, I switched it to "MDL 3D models"), but when I tried loading the file, it said "Unknown file format!".

-I triple-checked everything above.

(For creating the MDL file, I used the code from gmax (without "Export successful!" and the other bullcrap) and something called "Notepad++".
I called it mdl, and it claims to be mdl now.)

Level 13
Ok a little update

I tried the same thing with another file, and this one... didn't work either, but at least it recognized it as a mdl file. However, when I clicked "convert to mdx", it said:

Error (line1):Unexpected token "(some kind of square-thingy) 1/2"

So I guess this one is an error with the code. I removed the last line "Export sucessful!", but I'm not sure what I should remove at the beginning (in the tutorial, they said "remove comments at the beginning" but I have no idea what these are).

Status
Not open for further replies.