• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Convert GMax file? plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
:?: Hey, I got GMax, but i can't get the stuff to convert my model back into a MDX or MDL file (i can convert MDL to MDX and vice versa) so, can some plz either give link to a model editor that edits MDL or MDX or else help me convert GMax file back? :?:

Level 3
You can convert gmax files but it is a lengthy process.

-Save Files as .md3 files (Quake Files)
-Import md3 files in to Milkshape 3d and convert to .3ds
-Get the .3ds to .MDX converter
-Convert .MDX to .MDL and check skin paths
-Then convert back to .MDX and it should load into warcraft

Now i've been using this technique for awhile now so if you have any further questions i will answer them as soon as i have time.

Level 11
You can convert gmax files but it is a lengthy process.

-Save Files as .md3 files (Quake Files)
-Import md3 files in to Milkshape 3d and convert to .3ds
-Get the .3ds to .MDX converter
-Convert .MDX to .MDL and check skin paths
-Then convert back to .MDX and it should load into warcraft

Now i've been using this technique for awhile now so if you have any further questions i will answer them as soon as i have time.

Did it also save the units animation?

Level 3
the models i have been using have had only one animation. it transfered the animation to the .mdx format. so im not sure how a multianimation model would transfer. your best bet is to use the dex exporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.