• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I didnt find what I was looking for by searching but if I did miss it I'm sorry in advance. The things I need help on are as follows..

1. I am looking for a way to have a Unit permanently follow the chosen hero and if it goes out of range then its move instantly back to the unit it was supposed to follow. I have 18 different heros and when you select them from the shop I guess you could call it I need it to follow those units as well. I've tried everything that I can think of but maybe I am over looking something that I need for the trigger to work.

2. I've read on here about the Save\Load function but this is what I want from my map and I need some help on it. I want it to where say a unit enters a town (obviously unit enters region) but I want it to load another map which is just the town then have the ability to go back to the previous map without anything that had changed being set back to how it was at start. IE: killing specific enemies, heros, etc. I know this is possible as a campaign but I would like to do it as a multiplayer map with a bunch of different "Zones" rather then one map with alot of different places you are required to go. So examples for places would be like dungeons, towns, etc.

Any help would be great or a referral link to the posted topic because I am having trouble finding it. Thanks in advance.

DF

Level 9
1 a periodic event "order unit to move to hero" maybe
else, many automatic action are also issued order (even if they're not player's orders)
so: unit is issued order / order not equal move / issue unit to move to hero

2 this may be a good sample to follow:

Attachments

• OrcX01.w3x
    882.8 KB · Views: 88
  • OrcX01_02.w3x
    226 KB · Views: 81
  • OrcX01_03.w3x
    174.9 KB · Views: 72
  • OrcX01_04.w3x
    353.8 KB · Views: 108
  • OrcX01_05.w3x