• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Cache Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dear Warcraft community

I spent hours to connect my two maps and it doesn't really work.
I want to enter a cave with my hero and then the hero should show up in the cave map, but the game cache is not working in the second map. I did everything as written in your tutorial (also no spaces in name of game cache and variables are exact the same in both maps, also the objects are completely imported from the first map)
In the first map everything should be fine, because I could restore my hero and gold with a test-trigger.
So basically I see the problem in the second map and maybe I did not connect both maps correctly? Do I have to create a campaign for that? I remember the Rexxar-Campain where it was possible to enter different regions (to pick an item) and come back to main map.
upload_2020-7-26_20-33-0.png

So far the new map is loaded when my hero enters a region to trigger this:
upload_2020-7-26_20-33-47.png

C:\Users\ad_sc\AppData\Local\Temp\Clipboard01

Anything missing here? I did it two ways (with and without cache variable "CaveCache"), but no success
either way to get my hero back in the second map...

In the second map I did it this way:
upload_2020-7-26_20-39-49.png

C:\Users\ad_sc\AppData\Local\Temp\Clipboard02.jpg

As you see I tried "Reload all game cache data", but does not help either
To go back I set up this trigger
upload_2020-7-26_20-42-0.png

followed by
upload_2020-7-26_20-43-9.png

to load my saved game from map 1, which is also not working and I guess here it will be also tricky
to revive my hero at the cave entrance of the loaded game...
C:\Users\ad_sc\AppData\Local\Temp\Clipboard03.jpg

C:\Users\ad_sc\AppData\Local\Temp\Clipboard04.jpg

As I said these restore triggers work fine as long as I am in the same map, but nothing happens
when changing the map...

Somebody an idea what I‘m doing wrong?

Just give me the link to example maps where I can move back and forth and also look up the correct settings if you have no clue or time to explain details.

THX in advance!

Attachments

• help needed.docx
    45.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.