• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello again, still confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there! Recently I tried to get some help, but so far no replys. Maybe I missed to give some more info...
I am not that experienced and created just two maps, which I want to connect by entering a cave
and showing up in a second map to fight a boss and take an item back to the first map. Just one hero, that's it.
I use TFT 1.26.0.6401 and Editor Version 1.26 (6059). Not up to date, yes I know.
But if this is the problem that I can't restore my hero from the game cache, please tell me.
Also I thought it might be an issue that I keep my two maps in the map folder. I can switch to my
cave map, but don't get my hero there back from the cache. Also when loading the second map I cannot
simply load the auto-saved game created when changing the level
upload_2020-7-28_12-2-30.png

upload_2020-7-28_11-59-16.png

The two actions below are just for map1 as long it doesn't work to enter the cave map (#2),
so I can get at least the item and continue to the end.
So, is the cache only working when I create a campaign out of my two maps stored in the campaigns folder? As I already wrote, within a map restoring of the hero does work...

Hope to get some advice, THX!

Level 3
Thanks for the link. It looks like people use the cache only in campaigns, so I will now learn about combining maps in a campaign...
Thats a little sad because I made some units and items have different abilities in map 2 to prevent some spells which would reveal
too much area in the cave. I think in a campaign the object editor is universal for all maps, right?

Level 24
Thanks for the link. It looks like people use the cache only in campaigns, so I will now learn about combining maps in a campaign...
Thats a little sad because I made some units and items have different abilities in map 2 to prevent some spells which would reveal
too much area in the cave. I think in a campaign the object editor is universal for all maps, right?
You're welcome, and I don't know about this, I just give you the link, because I see they have the same problem.

AFAIK, the cache references object ids, meaning that you will need to have mostly the same "object editor" content for the cache to behave nicely.
However, it was 10~ish years ago I did my last campaign (or any "map-change triggers".
But you can trigger changes on units that you can "revert" in before the victory-trigger if you want someone to have something specific on one map only.

Status
Not open for further replies.