• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero Mount Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello dear fellows of the hive. I need help creating an ability for my upcoming rpg campaign. I have this hero which has a number of different abilities, one of them being Mount Up, which I yet haven't started on due to lack of knowledge on how to do so. However, I thought you might be able to help me. The information that I will give you is the following, when you mount up you change into a different hero, that has the same level as your other hero, but has different abilities. So for example if I am on the unmounted version, speck an ability known as "Crusader's Strike", go into mounted form, spec a spell known as "Heroic Charge", then I go back into unmounted form, I want it to have saved the "Crusader Strike" that I specced before. And the same if I go back into mounted form again. I really don't know how to do this, if you need more information or feel like helping a lost guy out, please reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance, Linaze.

Level 12
Hello dear fellows of the hive. I need help creating an ability for my upcoming rpg campaign. I have this hero which has a number of different abilities, one of them being Mount Up, which I yet haven't started on due to lack of knowledge on how to do so. However, I thought you might be able to help me. The information that I will give you is the following, when you mount up you change into a different hero, that has the same level as your other hero, but has different abilities. So for example if I am on the unmounted version, speck an ability known as "Crusader's Strike", go into mounted form, spec a spell known as "Heroic Charge", then I go back into unmounted form, I want it to have saved the "Crusader Strike" that I specced before. And the same if I go back into mounted form again. I really don't know how to do this, if you need more information or feel like helping a lost guy out, please reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance, Linaze.

Unless you have a model with two animation paths, you will have to stick to the basics.

When he casts mount, you save his data, remove him, and create a mounted with his data and whatever changes you wish to make.

It's just copying all his abilities/units/hp/mana/etc and transferring it to the newly created unit.

Level 12
You mean game cache or whatever? + How do I do so that he changes into a horserider, which isn't an animation path on the same model, plz respond m8.

You have a horsed unit and a foot unit. They are the same "hero", only one is with a horse. There are 2 units.

When you cast the spell MOUNT, you replace the foot unit with a horse unit. When you cast the spell DISMOUNT, you replace the horse unit with the foot unit.

Understand?

Level 12
Correct, but they share level, so if you level while on foot the mounted one levels as well thought you dont notice until u go into mounted mode.

What part of copying unit abilities/units/hp/mana/etc did you misunderstand?

Everytime you cast MOUNT/DISMOUNT, you want to store the units current values and give them to the other.

It's long and tiresome, but it must be done to preserve the illusion of a dismountable hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.