• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero mounting Pets..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can i do for a hero mount an pet like a tiger or a griffon?
I know that the hero needs the ability of mount ( like the archer ) and th eother thingd but when the hero mounts the specified unit, the hero will stay at the same lvl and will have the same items as he had before, etc..

Thx

see ya!

Level 6
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mount
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Horse
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Horse Guy using The old unit's relative life and mana
Here's the trigger. And sorry im not good with leaks...........
But i hope this helps :D

Level 5
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mount
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Horse
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Horse Guy using The old unit's relative life and mana
Here's the trigger. And sorry im not good with leaks...........
But i hope this helps :D

I think he wanted to use the Mount ability like the Archer + Hippogriff?

You also need to consider his bit about matching items and XP. I'll edit shortly with the results of a test I'm running.

Edit: Well okay, you definitely cannot use the Mount Hippogriff ability...

I believe your best bet would be to find a hero with the Alternate animations, mounted. (You know like the Demon Hunter's alternate anims are the Demon, and the MK's alternate anims are the pale-white version.) That way you could use the Metamorphosis ability, but just do a check to make sure the "mount" unit is within X range when Unit Begins Casting the ability, and remove the "mount" unit when Unit Beings Effect of ability.

In addition, you could go into the Gameplay Constants and make Metamorphosis de-activateable, and make sure your version has an infinite duration and low cooldown, as well as adding a trigger to newly create the mount when the player deactivates the ability.

Another option for deactivation might be to give the hero a set of Cargo abilities and then move the Mount into the Hero when the ability is used, and then simply check to see when the Mount is ejected, and deactivate the mounted ability when that occurs...I don't know if you can detect when a toggleable ability is turned off.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Level 3
hmm but when the hero mounts the "pet" will he be on it or just another unit?
i mean lets say i used a footman and horse i mount them but i cant get a footman on a horse i can get only a knight on the horse

Level 2
you need to have 3 units, the first the mouted one ( horse ) the second the what will mount it ( the hero, mk maybe? ) and then the allready mounted unit , so u need to have 2 diferent moddels, the last one combines first two into one.. i did it yesterday and the hero mounts it well, the only think im searching now is the text file that came with the map.. l3l

see ya

Level 2
well, i forgot to sat that you can take an knight or a footman mounting an horse, so the answer you did, you are not forced to retrive the knight unit, so u can combine them ^^

see ya.

Level 2
If i can i will modify it and for sure,giving credits to the original autor. Then...heros can mount pets but, the bugs what they have by now are that you lose the items u are wearing and the level of the hero...

Status
Not open for further replies.