• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mounting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Heyo :)

In one of my maps (secret :p) I've created a simple mount "system", just with the hyppograph archer abillitys. Though, when the base unit, (rider) a hero is,the hero dies. When I make the mount+rider unmount again, it dies and creates new hero and mount units again. Is there a way, to keep the rider "alive", meaning keeping his expansion points, his items etc. and don't displaying in the upper left corner that he dies?

+rep and credits of course :)

Level 51
Can you possibley post the trigger?

There are no triggers :)

You need to make a custom system and avoid using the default Mount. Then, in that system, you will use "Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)", to hide the hero and prevent his death, while retaining the icon on the left of the screen... alive.

Mhm, ok, thanks :) Will try it.

You could also use the Metamorphosis or Avatar spells, as they can be set to be deactivated. Also, I seem to remember that there are some morphing spells, such as Druid of the Talon/Claw. Have you tried with them?

I would use them though, the problem is, I don't need a mount unit for it then. Would be kind of silly when I cast the abillity "mount", and then a mount is there ;) (no offense x ] )
But I'll experiment a little with it, maybe I can find something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.