• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Mounting...Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making a map,where the hero could cast a certain spell-Mount Tiger where the hero plays an animation-called mount which it is him sitting and a special effect occurs on his origin which is a tiger model,then the hero increases in height thus the hero becomes smoothly mounted on the tiger.My problem is that I want the Special effect to play a certain animation on order.As when moving it moves and when holding position it stops.Yet I can't do that,either I give the tiger a run animation so it moves all the time non stop,or I give it a stand animation.
So it's kinda messed up and I need help.

+Rep and Credits for helpers!

Level 30
@Wrathion

That will quite bug especially when the tiger has a collision size. Also making it follow every 03 sec is quite not good to do especially it doesnt not really resemble a mounting animation.

@usfshihy

Try this link: Mount System

You can try looking at here and might found some solutions. They said messing with some abilties or attachments will work.

Level 23
@Wrathion

That will quite bug especially when the tiger has a collision size. Also making it follow every 03 sec is quite not good to do especially it doesnt not really resemble a mounting animation.

The OP could use a dummy unit with no collision. Wrathion was also to move the unit (maybe thru triggers) and not actually make the unit follow.

@usfshihy

Try this link: Mount System

You can try looking at here and might found some solutions. They said messing with some abilties or attachments will work.

Most of the things mentioned here are mentioned in that thread too. So, most the was suggested here has flaws. I dunno if there's a more efficient way than using attachments or by using two units.

Status
Not open for further replies.