1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Mounting...Right!

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by usfshihy, Jul 13, 2013.

1. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am making a map,where the hero could cast a certain spell-Mount Tiger where the hero plays an animation-called mount which it is him sitting and a special effect occurs on his origin which is a tiger model,then the hero increases in height thus the hero becomes smoothly mounted on the tiger.My problem is that I want the Special effect to play a certain animation on order.As when moving it moves and when holding position it stops.Yet I can't do that,either I give the tiger a run animation so it moves all the time non stop,or I give it a stand animation.
    So it's kinda messed up and I need help.

+Rep and Credits for helpers!

2. gorillabull

gorillabull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    easiest way is to get a model of ther hero on the mount

3. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well it will be too big..WoW model

4. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you know how to animate and model things..

You need to know how to animate if you want to do your request or you can request to some modellers to create the model you want.

5. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I dunno if it's possible to sync animations of both models but what if you just keep replacing the tiger with just different animations? It could work. I haven't tried it out though.

6. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Try making the tiger a unit dude. And move him to the hero every .03.

7. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @Wrathion

That will quite bug especially when the tiger has a collision size. Also making it follow every 03 sec is quite not good to do especially it doesnt not really resemble a mounting animation.

@usfshihy

Try this link: Mount System

You can try looking at here and might found some solutions. They said messing with some abilties or attachments will work.

8. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The OP could use a dummy unit with no collision. Wrathion was also to move the unit (maybe thru triggers) and not actually make the unit follow.

Most of the things mentioned here are mentioned in that thread too. So, most the was suggested here has flaws. I dunno if there's a more efficient way than using attachments or by using two units.

9. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A move, yes instant move but still it makes the mount quite awkward that the feet is in the mount's body.