• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP: Mount/Dismount Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I need help creating a mount/dismount ability based off of the hippogryph/acher's ability. The issue is that I have ~50 units that are mounting/dismounting to two different horses. This creates a dilemma where each unit needs 50 different abilities, an ability for each unit. I was wondering if creating 50 different abilities for each unit is worth it - or if there is a simpler way to get it done - trigger, another ability, etc.

Also, I'd like to give the horse the ability Mount (impossible because there are too many abilities for each unit), instead of each ability on each unit. Probably need a trigger based off of a dummy ability to get this done.

Appreciate any help and advice,
UmbraUnda.

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I have not tried it, but I would say it should not be too hard to trigger it, so that would probably much faster.

Use a unit target ability. When it is cast, replace the two units by the mounted unit.
The normal mount ability does dispel active buffs, so it is not any better than replacing the units.
If you want, you can also detect the smart order and use right click as well.

Only problem I see is, that the ability should only be able to be cast on certain units.
You could use ancient as a classification or detect the order and display an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.