• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Questions regarding UI and Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1st question I have is can I give a Hero starting Attribute points from the Data editor or do I have to use a trigger? Basically I dont want to spawn with everything being 0.
2nd question I have is how can I make the attributes show a little bit higher than they are because with the default UI you can only have 3 attributes on a unit and the fourth one shows only half way.
This is what Im talking about:
nwaI1vV.jpg

I dont want the heroes to have levels so the XP bar is useless. Is it possible to modify the UI in a way that the attributes are higher so they all show up perfectly?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
One way I have seen is to use the Data editor Game UI Data and define a custom layout. This custom layout is defined in the UI editor and mirrors the standard layout with some modifications. How you create it I am still not sure but I believe there are tutorials on other sites that cover it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think you need a custom "InfoPaneHero". Specifically you need to change the Labels called AttributeLabel1 through to AttributeLabel5.

A minute on google found me this which explains how to do it. There is one mistake, you need to specify the file you are overwriting so later examples are correct but the starting one will not work.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I followed the tutorial yesterday and I managed to flood the display with my mini-map, which functioned perfectly (clicking on it worked like usual). It was 1000 pixels high by 1000 pixels wide so took up most of the display. The tutorials are fine apart from a mistake at the start which is you need to specify the GameUI file that hosts the main game interfaces (all other files are templates, you will only ever like GameUI).

HotS did change some things with the interface, but not everything. And since WoL was updated to HotS I can assure you I know that tutorial is mostly correct.

Level 4
Ok so I found out how that I have to Add a new Frame and basically copy what I want to modify, change the values and mess around with it and then change the name of the path or whatever. I found This website that shows all the paths and change the damn thing to the right one. I ran the map and everything went perfectly! I managed to move the attributes more to the top. After that I was messing about with the Data editor making abilities and whatnot and after my 2nd or 3rd test the whole UI modification stopped working and I got an ingame error about it. Is this common? Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I was basically getting the same error I always got when I tried to modify the UI without changing the path or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.