• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Will the models (referring to the ugly NE priest) have an update?

sorry to the creator of the NE priest in the screenies, but damn shes ugly.

lol thats not the point why im here.

Will there be a sort of 'mercenary' type of idea that can help players along their way? Well, judging that there will be no multi, i was wondering if somehow we could possibly recruit/hire units to aid us.

A really weird twist could be that they could level up as well.

Another question, will the spell/attack system be changed? I havnt tried the demo just yet (but i will in a matter of days) but I hope my guy wont auto attack.. because thats one of the hugest turnoffs when your camera is locked on.

One last question, spell system. Will each hero be frozen to a maximum of 5 Spells, or a spellbook or something wc3 engine related? Or will there be something really cool like a Dialog Box type of spell level up? (And using a Dialog Box to decide which spells to be on your 'hot key' list. (Hide the other spells, can only have a maximum of 4 'hotkeyed' spells on your hero)

O_O I guess time will tell... or if its already in the demo.. then I suppose I'll shut up.. otherwise.. hehe...hehe BLAGH!

Level 25
Answering Question

Will the models (referring to the ugly NE priest) have an update?

sorry to the creator of the NE priest in the screenies, but damn shes ugly.
Most likely, the model will be replaced. But we're not worrying about models too much at the moment.
Will there be a sort of 'mercenary' type of idea that can help players along their way? Well, judging that there will be no multi, i was wondering if somehow we could possibly recruit/hire units to aid us.

A really weird twist could be that they could level up as well.
There already is something like this. It's called "Group Invitations". Allied bots (fake players as heroes) run around and kill creeps for experience. If you want, you can invite up to two or three player-bots into your group to follow you and aid you in your journey until you die or until they die or until you exit the game.
Another question, will the spell/attack system be changed? I havnt tried the demo just yet (but i will in a matter of days) but I hope my guy wont auto attack.. because thats one of the hugest turnoffs when your camera is locked on.
Well the attack system is the same really. Right Click on a guy, continually attack until they die, etc. The camera however, can be toggled through-out three modes: Auto-Lock Chase Mode (Camera locks onto your character in third person and camera will turn according to wherever your character is facing.), Chase Mode (Same as Auto-Lock Chase Mode, but instead of the camera turning on its own will, you can control the camera. Meaning you can make the camera go left, right, up, or down by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.) and RTS camera, the same old birds-eye-view camera that you'd usually be using while playing a Melee map.
One last question, spell system. Will each hero be frozen to a maximum of 5 Spells, or a spellbook or something wc3 engine related? Or will there be something really cool like a Dialog Box type of spell level up? (And using a Dialog Box to decide which spells to be on your 'hot key' list. (Hide the other spells, can only have a maximum of 4 'hotkeyed' spells on your hero)
Actually, there are three to four spell categories that when one of them are clicked, it opens up another box that will contain more spells of that specific category. Very much like WoW, these spell categories are looked upon as Spell Books. Each Spell Book contains various spells that belong to the category of the Spell Book. (Example: Fire Specialization: Fire Bolt, Flame Strike, etc.) At first, you only have about two spells per book. But as you level up more, you can go to your class trainer and learn new spells.

It is highly recommended you play the demo before asking questions, it'll save me the time and help me not have to answer questions that answer themselves once you play.
-Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.