• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Various Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, I've gone along the threads and I've seen a lot of questions that have been asked AND ANSWERED more than once. (Like "Will this ever go to the BC?") so I would like to ask some questions that I have seen and a few of my own and it might help someone.

-Will this go to expansions like TBC, WoTLK, or Catalysm possibly?

-Is this going to be a mod, or a campaign?

-I heard that you will have like 20-40 people in one game. Does this mean it will alter battle.net so more than twelve people can join the game? If so, will only other people with the mod be able to play?

-After Rage Fire Chasm is made, what is your next priority? It looks like you're focusing on the leveling aspect of the game, so will it be dungeons like Wailing Caverns and Razor Fen Kraul over raids like Molten Core? If so, will there be none-raid dungeons for level-capped people to get gear from?

-How does your inventory system work, or do you even have one?

-Are there any images/videos that are not on your site that are either hiding on the hive or rotting? If so, could you show us?

-Will this ever be fully done? If so, when? What will be some of the "epic" things that will may be included?(This one is most likely too hard to predict)

-You say you're rushing the team to speed it up a bit. Does this mean you might be dropping some things?

-How does a mod work?

Level 8
Ok, I've gone along the threads and I've seen a lot of questions that have been asked AND ANSWERED more than once. (Like "Will this ever go to the BC?") so I would like to ask some questions that I have seen and a few of my own and it might help someone.

-I heard that you will have like 20-40 people in one game. Does this mean it will alter battle.net so more than twelve people can join the game? If so, will only other people with the mod be able to play?

-After Rage Fire Chasm is made, what is your next priority? It looks like you're focusing on the leveling aspect of the game, so will it be dungeons like Wailing Caverns and Razor Fen Kraul over raids like Molten Core? If so, will there be none-raid dungeons for level-capped people to get gear from?

-Are there any images/videos that are not on your site that are either hiding on the hive or rotting? If so, could you show us?

-Will this ever be fully done? If so, when? What will be some of the "epic" things that will may be included?(This one is most likely too hard to predict)

-You say you're rushing the team to speed it up a bit. Does this mean you might be dropping some things?

-How does a mod work?

1: No... I would post a link but well it is in every topic really
2: Campaign that will be able to have multi-player capabilities later on.
3: It means the AI "Bots" they are smart and will help you pvp/quest/instance etc...
4A: Their priority atm is to get a good 10-20 level's worth of content for their first release which will be Horde only.
4B:They will include all the instances and eventually add Raid instances.
5: It is an interface which will allow you to open a backpack up check your stats etc... (Not sure if it will be in the first release or not)
6: They do have a site where you can check out Official and another One
7: It is a work in progress and Cracka is VERY dedicated so you can expect a full release within a decade hahaha.
8: Where has he said that he is rushing things? If he is trust me he is a perfectionist he will try and release the most he can in the first release.
More Info
9: A mod is just a map that has been modified, hence the name "Mod" meaning a multiple of things COULD have custom spells/models/sounds etc... and is usually worked on by a team and is mostly "Big"

Now that I've answered yours answer mine. Is it so hard to do a quick search?

Level 25

-How does a mod work?

1. "Will this go to expansions like TBC, WoTLK, or Catalysm possibly?"
No. We have no plans for expansion content and never will. We stated this in the Read Before Posting thread.

2. "Is this going to be a mod, or a campaign?"
What's the difference? Well... it'd be considered a full-blown mod if we decided to work with our own MPQ but that may require even more revamping and we're just not up for that. It may be more convenient for players, but we as developers have enough inconveniences to get over. In short, it's a campaign... and a mod. Even maps can be mods.

3. "I heard that you will have like 20-40 people in one game. Does this mean it will alter battle.net so more than twelve people can join the game? If so, will only other people with the mod be able to play?"
This was something we were going to do when the Reinventing the Craft's WarSoc third-party program released, but unfortunately, the developers of that program quit working on it. Therefore, Wc3:WoW will not be multiplayer and we'll have to stick with making it singleplayer and feel like it's multiplayer.
If you're curious about what WarSoc does, look it up. I'm not explaining someone else's project.

4. "After Ragefire Chasm is made, what is your next priority? It looks like you're focusing on the leveling aspect of the game, so will it be dungeons like Wailing Caverns and Razorfen Kraul over raids like Molten Core? If so, will there be none-raid dungeons for level-capped people to get gear from?"
Wailing Caverns might never even be added. It's just a really confusing design and layered by several walkable floors, so it's one of those dungeons that is just a tad too difficult to create in WarCraft III. Plus, I hate Wailing Caverns a lot and am pretty sure everyone likes it for its drops, not its design. In fact, everyone complains about how much of a maze that place is. Players prefer more linear dungeons, not ones that you can get lost in.

5. "How does your inventory system work, or do you even have one?"
Right now there is no inventory. We'll be getting to work on it soon when easier features are added though, such as floating names. When it is added, it'll work very similarly to how it works in World of Warcraft with the multiple bags and different bags.

6. "Are there any images/videos that are not on your site that are either hiding on the hive or rotting? If so, could you show us?"
There are three places you can find official images of Wc3:WoW and two that you can rely on for videos. YouTube, Mod DB, our website, and of course the Hive Workshop!

7. "Will this ever be fully done? If so, when? What will be some of the "epic" things that will may be included?(This one is most likely too hard to predict)"

8. "You say you're rushing the team to speed it up a bit. Does this mean you might be dropping some things?"
Yes, at least for the first public release. One of the major things we're going to stop working on for the initial release is playable Alliance races. Sorry Night Elves, but you're just slowing us down and this decision is meant to make our lives easier and so we can release the mod quicker.

9. "How does a mod work? "
It depends on the mod. Mod is short for modification, FYI. Some mods have their own MPQ database while others just focus all of their content in each map or campaign. In our case, we import all skins, models, icons, etc. to the Campaign Import Manager and give them correct paths so they work in the game. Each map in the Wc3:WoW campaign has their own triggers, but a lot of them are the same from other maps and are laid out the same way to keep the mod's trigger setup neatly organized. I'm not going to explain how A MOD works. A lot of them work differently. Maybe Ask Jeeves? :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.