• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[question] Should elves have irises and pupils?

Should elves have irides and pupils?

• No, just having flashing particles performs fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, the eyes look better if they're complete with pupils

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
In the Simple Edit Resource thread (link in the signature below) at page 39 I recently made a simple edit of Sylvanas's portrait. I instinctively didn't like the empty eyes so I took the irides and pupils from some in-game human portraits and simply "completed" the eyes of Sylvanas this way.

Now, after I've watched some of the highest quality portraits of elven characters in the database I'm not sure anymore: no elf portrait displays pupils and irides, except very few whereby the eyes are carried over from the female elven villager face. Are elves supposed to have pupils at all? Or do they simply look better with "flashlight eyes"(no iris, no pupil, just a shiny particle before the blank eye)?

Flashlight eyes VS irides and pupils variations of the same portrait:
BEportrait.gif
beportraitpupils-gif.271744

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.