• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

question on stacking spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
how do you make a spell where enemy units in an area get slowed overtime?

Level 1- First 5 seconds, slow 10%, second 5 seconds slow 20%, and last 5 seconds slow 30%
Level 2- First 5 seconds, slow 20%, second 5 seconds slow 30%, and last 5 seconds slow 40%
Level 3- First 5 seconds, slow 40%, second 5 seconds slow 50%, and last 5 seconds slow 60%

the buff will last for say 30 seconds, and the channeling of the spell for 15 seconds, etc.

Level 6
I don't know if this way works perfectly, but, i think that it can help you.
Create a dummy unit in a hidden place of the map with slow poison ability and attack range 99999 owned by neutral hostile and then, the trigger of the spell.

A unit begins casting an ability

Ability Being cast equal to ...

:arrow: Set level of slow poison to dummy unit to 1.
:arrow: Order dummy unit to attack target unit of ability being cast.
:arrow: Wait 5 game-time seconds.
:arrow: Set level of slow poison to dummy unit to 2.
:arrow: Order dummy unit to attack target unit of ability being cast.
:arrow: Wait 5 game-time seconds.
:arrow: Set level of slow poison to dummy unit to 3.
:arrow: Order dummy unit to attack target unit of ability being cast...

:roll: I'm giving only an idea on how to do what you want, hope that helped. :wink:

Level 6
the idea of thanathos with the dummy unit is the best i think. but instead of that attacking you may give the dummy an aura based on (orc-hero, sry dont know english description :roll: ) with target enemies and a negative speed bonus.
i didnt try that - just another idea :wink:

Level 10
that might work, but it would be tedious if i changed to a period of 3 seconds and channeling lasts 30 seconds. and it might cause alot of lag. hmm...

Level 6
other idea: make a dummy spell of a warstomp-like spell that gives a buff for 30 sec. then:

Code:
EVENT
unit-a unit starts casting an ability

CONDITION
(ability being cast) equal to warstomp

ACTION
wait 0,1 sec
if -(target of ability being cast) has buff xxx equal to true   >>boolean comp<<

then - unit set movement speed of (target of ...) to xx%

else -

wait 30 sec
unit set movement speed of (target of...) to 100%
and if you now add some if-then-else to get the different spell levels, i think you can make this very well working...

duh... i hope i dont talk rubbish - you have to test :wink:

Level 1
Play with the tornado aura.

it doesn't normally show as an aura, so you can add ekstra some of those. then have a trigger add and remove them as the level goes up.

for graphics i normally use the flamestrik under abillities (the effect one). use the stun icon and you're rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.